Healthier Fishing packed lunch / snacks!

Mat Hillman

Matt

I believe hunger is a good teacher.

I don't know exactly what you meant there but myself and Dave Horton were discussing food one day and I quietly suggested that hunger (not starvation obviously) can make you work harder at your fishing. He reckoned there was definitely something to it. Perhaps a little hunger leaves you less tiresome over the space of the day and brings out the hunting instinct to catch something, come hell or high water.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest tigger

If you want something to kill your appetite low in fat tastey etc then I would suggest Tuna and tomatoe/ salad on dry bread (brown or white) and a pint of semi skimmed/ skimmed milk to swill it down. You could have a flask of tea or coffee but no sugar and use skimmed milk.

Also if you are serious about dieting then this will be a good thing to eat at home.

Tigger.

I'm always a bit wary of chicken sitting around quietly sweating in the box or bag on a scorching hot day. Chill it quickly when cooked and leave it in the fridge overnight, then eat it earlier rather than later, I'd say.

But for healthy - how about a nice rice salad with your choice of chopped fruit, toasted pine kernels and sweetened with a bit of apple juice (and chilled well overnight too).

And food in a tub saves that disgusting moment when you realise your hands are covered in worm filth, maggot goo and fish slime and you've just eaten the cheese sandwich ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest tigger
That would certainly kill my hunger, my wife has only to open a tin of Tuna and I want to wretch.

If she wants to keep me out of the Fridge she just leaves a little tuna in a bowl on the top shelf.

You don't know what your missing !!

Not only does tuna taste good but combined with bread an a bit of veg it's a well balanced meal.

Mackerel is another good un.

I used to do a lot of weight training and through eating food like this I reached over 20 stone in decent shape(could still see my abbs). No drugs either.

Tiger.

Actually, I thought better of the pic I had up there.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I think a mistake a lot of people make when it comes to food and fishing is the quantity taken and when it's eaten.

If I'm going to be out at lunchtime I take a normal lunch with me and eat it at lunchtime......etc. etc.

You've obviously realised already that the only way to lose weight is to eat less calories, it does unfortunately get a bit harder than that as you get older, some extra excercise over and above your normal daily activity is usually required as well. :(