Kayak fishing in France (Lyon area)? - Australia here

Redro

Hi, I am a Brisbane/Australia based kayak fisherman. I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me please? This might be a long shot. I am moving to Lyon and France in 2 months time - and was wondering if there are any kayak fishing spots in the area? Either locally - or in the Med? I am just wondering if it is worth bringing my kayak over. My brother in law lives in Exeter and catches mackerel from his kayak from time to time (I think they are) - so I guess if the worst comes to the worst I could always go to Exter - if I need a fix! Many thanks for the help!

Regards

Nick

The french are just catching on to kayak fishing and a few of their sites and forums are starting to mention Peche en kayak

If you speak the language then you could have a chat with the folk here :

http://www.lekayaketlamer.com/index.php?op...showcat&catid=3

Good luck

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Redro,

You could try and send a private message to dominic from this forum.

He is a native of France and awaiting arrival of his first fishing kayak,

cheers Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi redro, I have a place in france and there is a lot of kayak fishing done out there, There is no need to bring your own kayak out to france as the sale them there, I have seen both P13 and P15,s for sale in the large fishing shops in Carn.

Also all their kayaking items are priced a lot less then here in the UK.

terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Redro,

I'm living in France (Saint-Malo / Brittany), I 'm going to start kayakfishing very soon,

as Terry said, you don't have to bring your kayak with you, you can find almost everywhere good shops where you will find one, here is a website of a shop just near Lyon: www.kwa.fr , sure there are some kayak activities around,

for kayakfishing in Lyon area, I don't know very well the place but sure there are some small rivers, lakes or ponds where you can fish, also as you said, Mediterranean sea is not too far, it's possible for a week-end to go fishing there,

don't hesitate to contact me if you need,

"Bienvenue en France"

Dominic

Many thanks Dominic - and to the others who replied with info, web sites etc. I probably will end up bringing my kayak with me - as we are taking a 40" container anyway. When I get over to Exeter for the summer holidays - I will watch this forum and hope to meet up with some of the Devon yakkers.

Regards

Nick

• 2 months later...

Hi, when I started this thread I was living in Brisbane, Australia. I have been in Lyon, France for 4 weeks and my kayak will be arriving from Australia in about 4 weeks. If anybody else has got any ideas about fishing in the Lyon area I would love to hear them. I will certainly follow up the info you guys have kindly given me already, thanks.

Regards

Nick

Hi, I am a Brisbane/Australia based kayak fisherman. I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me please? This might be a long shot. I am moving to Lyon and France in 2 months time - and was wondering if there are any kayak fishing spots in the area? Either locally - or in the Med? I am just wondering if it is worth bringing my kayak over. My brother in law lives in Exeter and catches mackerel from his kayak from time to time (I think they are) - so I guess if the worst comes to the worst I could always go to Exter - if I need a fix! Many thanks for the help!

Regards

Nick

Hello and welcome, you may be disapointed with makeral after the bramundi and superd fishing you have on our island downs south. But i would recomend bringing it with you instead of the wife (if in toe) as we find them more condusive. But from all accounts the catfish and med coast is good. My mate form melbourne allways goes on about your fishing and that you find the carp a bit, lets say bad form. When those in th UK find it fun.

good luck and if in the area give a call.

Mediterranean sea is not too far, it's possible for a week-end to go fishing there,

"Bienvenue en France" :blink:

Dominic

Yes, but what about all those Draconian safety regulations you have to comply with before you're allowed anywhere near the sea, as Corydoras mentioned in a previous post? (Flares - do you carry them or not? - 14th June)

(Maybe they just apply to "les rosbifs"? :D)

Edited by paintfly

Hi I have been over to the Lyon area on business before.

The main river is huge going dowm to the sea - catfish not much else apparently, Parallel to is a clearer canal with pike which would be good with the yak.

Henri Benech the owner of PAFEX http://www.pafex.fr/ which is based in Roussas may be able to help you. I know Henri well he has had a small go of my yak when I invited him to come over when I am in Ireland - so he knows what they are like & is always promising himsself that he will get one.

Also there is Peche et Horizons in Marseilles - Georges is the owner. - not good english but if your going over your going to get native, if you like it or not.

I did a posting of my experience of the 2 days of the Peche et Mer at Nantes where Prowlers can be found see the Kayak Angling UK News website

http://www.kayakfishinguk.net/e107_plugins...ewtopic.php?475

Any further questions give me a shout

Regards

Foggy