Didn`t survive the encounter

JV44

Steve, you've got me sussed m8 :lol: .

I file their beaks back a touch so they don't mark the fish ;):lol: .

I'm certainly no lover of cormorants (having been present when lots of them have bit the bullet ;) ) but it never ceases to amaze me how much nonsense is spread about them and i'm even more amazed at how anglers all just jump on the witch hunt.

• Like 3

All,

He (or she) lost this battle.

CormorantGar_zps94558c6e.jpg

Gar was regurgitated after about 15 minutes and swam off. As Chesters1 suggested, this fish was pretty beat up - but then the bird was nothing to brag about either.

Phone

(Texas)

I caught a Corm on a slow sinking deadbait and when I tried to get the hooks out, I was able to get my fist right down its throat...............easily. I've also, likeJV, seen them take eels of 2lb plus, I cheered one the eels on in the battle to stop being swallowed, and when it disappeared I hoped to see it pass right through :)

Even a Grebe can swallow a 20oz pike........I've got a video.

Den

You must have hands like a cindy doll, here's my hand next to ones head....

feb19c1.jpg

and next to my reel...

feb19c.jpg

Den, did you weight the pike before you filmed the grebe eating it ?

Edited by Tigger

I may have posted earlier about watching cormorants catch and eat eels at a wildlife park on the continent. The eels escaped several times but were eventually caught and eaten. Apparently the cormorants have a substance in their throat that subdues the eels.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net