Press Scaremongering - Fish Pain

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Regardless of what Mr Salter says, (he is a politician after all), it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was some truth in the Telegraph article. What better way to soften the blow before knocking back the BMP proposals than discrediting angling and anglers?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Call me callous but I do not really care if fish feel pain. I am at the top of the food chain due to evelution. We have become more intelligent than most animals, this has enabled us to hone hunting skills.

The fact that anglers enjoy angling Im sure is due to a inherant primative enjoyment that has helped us servive as a race through the ages.

When a fish moves off with your bait its usually to get that bait away from other fish incase they steel it, this moving off is genrually faily slow. Its not until the angler drives the hook home that mopst fish run the fastes. I feel this run is caused by the fish feeling the hook piercing its mouth, if so thank god they do feel pain as I love that hard run!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Call me callous but I do not really care if fish feel pain. I am at the top of the food chain due to evelution. We have become more intelligent than most animals, this has enabled us to hone hunting skills.

The fact that anglers enjoy angling Im sure is due to a inherant primative enjoyment that has helped us servive as a race through the ages.

When a fish moves off with your bait its usually to get that bait away from other fish incase they steel it, this moving off is genrually faily slow. Its not until the angler drives the hook home that mopst fish run the fastes. I feel this run is caused by the fish feeling the hook piercing its mouth, if so thank god they do feel pain as I love that hard run!

Sam I have not answered any of your posts, I do read some of them but the answer to this one in my eyes makes you sound like some kind of sadist. You say we are at the top of the chain and more intelligent than the others, true, it is because we are so intelligent and like the thrill of the hunt that there are some species almost extinct, the White Rhino, Tiger just for a couple. Back in the twenties these were being killed for the thrill of the hunt as you say.

As for fish feeling pain, I love any type of fishing, I hope it is not the pain of the hook setting as you say that makes a fish pull harder but the fact that you are trying to pull it the way it does not want to go. If I thought there was that ammount of pain involved in fishing I would have to think about packing the game up.

Surely no-one wants to think any animal is in pain just to get kicks out of their sport.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Guest NickInTheNorth

So no to eating fish, but you hope they feel pain when you hook them.

With conservationists like you sam we need all the antis we can get :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Im just telling it how I see it Nick, and I do eat some sea fish, I take around 12 bass out of the 500 odd I catch each year, and I take a few thornback rays. I DONT EAT CARP, PERCH, BREAM OR TENCH though!

I am not saying its the fact that fish feel pain is the reason I enjoy angling, I do belive trhat if we as humans didnt enjoy angling(which is after all hunting) we would not have servived through the ages as we have.

You are very correct (unlike my spelling.lol) that our lust for the hunt and trophys has led to the extinktion of many spesies of animal. As you would of read from my other posts on here Im very pro conservation and substainable commercial fishing, well the same goes for any angling to as long as its not detramental to the targeted fish species.

Im not a sadist! only every other friday in the month.lol

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Do you have any idea what a hypocrite you are?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I don`t really think we as a race have survived Sam because we enjoyed fishing. Back in the dark ages Sam man caught fish to eat not for the pleasure of fishing. As with all hunting back then, it was to survive, not for the sport. It is only now that we as rod and line anglers, I hope do it as a sport and for pleasure. Nothing wrong in taking a fish for the pot. I do myself. But not hoping the fish will feel pain so that it pulls harder for my then sick pleasure.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Andy Macfarlane Today, 07:44 PM Post #7

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,784

Do you have any idea what a hypocrite you are?

--------------------

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

Izaac Walton

¤«ThÊ«PÔâ©H¤MëíŠTë®»¤

Click Here for PikeForum

Yes my boat is named hypocrit!

I still think that humans have developed an enjoyment for hunting (in our case angling) due to the need to servive!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

I think Sam has a point but put pen to paper far to quickly.

In decades past and in many surviving tribal areas today the hunt was and is a celebrated communal activity.

Before the hunt there was the ritual construction of the equipment and the shaman or other head of ranks performing some form of blessing over the items used.

This was usually followed by a get together to decide where, when and what was to be hunted, a bit of dancing and face painting plus the use of narcotics to get revved up for the kill.

Of would go the merry band of hunters with a bit of jibing as to who was going to get what, how big the kill and how efficiently the quarry would be despatched.

After the hunt the meal and chat about how brave they had been, how fast they ran down the quarry and blooding after the kill.

Today we like to think of ourselves of being a little more sophisticated but there are many parallels.

The phoning round to see who is going where and when, the visit to the tackle shop to select the best hooks, lines and baits etc and here many a discussion takes place about previous achievements and things to come.

The session as we now call it takes place and even if it is not a competition there is always the joy of catching the first fish, the biggest fish and the most fish.

And for those of us who still take for the pot there is the constant bragging of how fresh this fish is and all of the other tales of the catch.

In the past and as stated in some areas even today survival depended on success but it was a celebrated survival, us RSAs are still fighting for survival, the axis has turned, the object of the hunt has been refined but the base course still remains, aint nothing like bragging about how good the fight was.

I find nothing wrong with that as an attitude, it follows through a great deal of modern living, you have to fight to stay at the top of the heap or as near as ones abilities will allow you to be, and you will crow about it just like the morning song bird thrashes out his tuneful challenge to protect his patch, lets face it it is a natural way of life. ;):D:D

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist