New England Manager

Elton

Richard

Why? when you look at some of the English born numpties we have had: Graham Taylor, Keegan, Hoddle Don Revie?

I think it should be a case of the best man for the job regardless of Nationality.

For me it should have been Arsene Wenger (and that comes from a devout Newcastle Fan), but David Dein of Arsenal used his position in the FA to keep him out of the reckoning.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Based on the best for the job lets get a few Italian defenders,some Brazilian mid-fielders and one or two French strickers.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expect the media to be on his back the minute he rubs one of his squad up the wrong way

Sexual harassment should of course be severely censured. :headhurt:

Hi Tony,

Based on the best for the job lets get a few Italian defenders,some Brazilian mid-fielders and one or two French strickers.

Why not, as long as they have long lost English grandparents. :):):)

The manager is different though, there is no nationality requirement, so just go for the best.

Look at this way Glen Roeder is currently the highest placed English manager in the Premiership; and despite his many qualites I can't see him being given the England job just yet.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Why not, as long as they have long lost English grandparents. :):):)

The manager is different though, there is no nationality requirement, so just go for the best.

Look at this way Glen Roeder is currently the highest placed English manager in the Premiership; and despite his many qualities I can't see him being given the England job just yet.

Tony

Got to agree with the Glen Roeder analogy, however, i do not see the managers job as any different to the central defenders job and just because there is not a national requirement does not mean we should go elsewhere. We have what we have make it work.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest rabbit
Bloody shame!

I would love a British manager, Curbishly for me

Good shout really top bloke, maybe a bit too soon though? Like to see him as No 2 rather than Mclaren.

OI OI,

big sam is your man he aint a yes man & players under him do as thier told or they dont play but with all the premadona's in the english side if he had the job THEY would suerly hound him out the job it aint the first time players have done it to managers.

also when sponsers want to know who ever takes over will they keep beckham on as capitain before they are prepared to relese money for sponsorship, what's that about.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

i heard somewhere that scolari had a gentlemens agreement with the portugese fa that he wouldn't agree to join england before the world cup

I'm not a footbal fan but I have to agree with the sentiments expressed by Ian Wright when Sven got the job.

England should have an Englist manager.

The national team will never be world class again though unless the FA force clubs to play no more than 3 forign players on the pitch at any one time. Nobody nurchures new talent at the moment, they just import it from abroad.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My worry is that he knows nothing about the English game or its players and will take at least 2 years to settle in and get this knowledge. Having said that he has the best CV of all so good luck to him. i don't have much time for this "We must have an English Manager" nonsense. To be honest not one of the English candidates has anything like the required track record or experience to manage England. The England FA pay the biggest compared to all other natioanl teams so shoud get the best. That happens to be Scolari ie he has won the south american equivalant of the european cup twice, won the world cup with Brazil, and taken Portugal to the final of the Euro champs. To be honest my choice would have been Arsen Wenger but there you go.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/