Scottish smoking ban

Ken L

Is the ban actually being enforced ?

If so by whom ?

Have the pubs emptied as people stay at home to drink ?

Has pub culture changed - maybe with more falilies using them ?

Prior to the ban, there were dire warnings of the cosequenses of stopping smoking and I'm curious about whether the concerns were well founded.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Was over in Drummore last weekend and it was excellent to come out of the pub not stinking of nicotine. The smokers were respecting the ban and were huddled outside the door for a fag break.

The manager said that the fine to him would be £200. Three fines and you lose your licence :headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

If so by whom ?

Prior to the ban, there were dire warnings of the cosequenses of stopping smoking and I'm curious about whether the concerns were well founded.

People say it's worked well in Eire Ken, although I have no first hand knowledge. Only know I went into an Irish bar @ stanstead airport a few weeks ago and it was all non smoking bar man told me, "in support of the legislation in Ireland."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I was in Scotland last week Ken, only went to a pub at lunch time. I was outside having a fag when the stampede started, nearly got trampled. It seems that when ever a meal is finished the group run out for a fag, then go back inside. I saw this happen at least a half dozen times. They had two big bins just outside the door half full of sand, there was about 3ins of fag ends on top of the sand. Nobody broke the rules though.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I was in Scotland last week Ken, only went to a pub at lunch time. I was outside having a fag when the stampede started, nearly got trampled. It seems that when ever a meal is finished the group run out for a fag, then go back inside. I saw this happen at least a half dozen times. They had two big bins just outside the door half full of sand, there was about 3ins of fag ends on top of the sand. Nobody broke the rules though.

UMMMMMMMMMMM NO Gozzer, I believe it was your round, they came out to remind you :blink::blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

UMMMMMMMMMMM NO Gozzer, I believe it was your round, they came out to remind you :blink::blink:

Disregard the post I made about liking you Huge, I've gone off you again :2:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Disregard the post I made about liking you Huge, I've gone off you again :2:

But you did say 'from a distance' since you referred to Scotland QED you were further away and therefore probably liked me the same there as you do now :P

But you did say 'from a distance' since you referred to Scotland QED you were further away and therefore probably liked me the same there as you do now :P

Don't agree with your reasoning Huge......................It's the little bells, the bells, they've made you mad you know. :crazy:.........................( with apologises to Charles Laughton)

If so by whom ?

can i take it that there is a total ban on smoking in the pubs. here in South OZ you may not smoke in the dining room but you can smoke in the bar as long as you are 1 metre from the actual bar, like derrrr,

thats going to stop the bar staff from getting cancer.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

can i take it that there is a total ban on smoking in the pubs. here in South OZ you may not smoke in the dining room but you can smoke in the bar as long as you are 1 metre from the actual bar, like derrrr,

thats going to stop the bar staff from getting cancer.

It's total Clifftop. The same ban is lined up for England, I think next year (?).

But you might be interested to hear that our hugely-respected MP's will be OK for a quick puff with their pint as the ban doesn't apply to "Royal palaces", and the Houses of Parliament are classed as such. Dunno if this means you can light up during a conducted tour of Buck House :lol:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.