Centrepin reel.

Guest tigger

Guest tigger
failing that, go on a diet. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

when I said fat fingers I meant thick not fat :lol:

But then again it might be a case of too many sandwiches while I watch Deal Or No Deal! :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you never had a problem with the handles on the Youngs reel catching your fingers when letting out line? Maybe it's my fat fingers but I just found it a bit of a flaw in their design and they may have been better off setting the handles further in on the spool. I've just sold my mates Youngs for him as he was fed up of this happening to him, he's now got a Stanton and doesn't have the problem anymore.

Tigger.

No none at all, although when I fish is taking line I tend to hold the rod in one hand around the reel seat, with my thumb on the rim of the reel acting as a drag, the other hand I keep well away from the reel untill it stops spining ;-)

Not had any problems with the handles hitting my thumb

Mat

P.S. Merlino Bill, the Magnum Blue arrived this morning, just as I was getting ready for work, so not had a good play yet, but first impressions are good, no wobble at all on the spool, and it spins forever . . . . . .

Hope the weather gives me a chance to try it out tomorrow!

Mat

OI OI,

first of all i'm sorry i called you matty it wont happen again, i'm the same with william :oops:

glad to hear your happy with said reel im looking foward to your report :thumbs:

:sun::sun::sun: looks a nice day lol.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

The biggest problem with the Leeds is "spool wobble" im constantly having to tighten the nut on mine.Do others find this or is it some thing to do with the fact that I fish mine with the line comming off the top (therefore rotating the reel in the oposite way to normal)?

None of my other pins (all though admitedly far superiorly engineered) ever had this problem.My only gripe about the reel realy.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

OI OI

thank's for the info lads, i must admit i like the look of the magnum blue, could you let me know how you get on with it please matty.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hopefully the picture speaks for itself :D

fatfish.jpg

New PB carp, and a real fatty at 18lb 8oz!

Mat

Guest tigger
Hopefully the picture speaks for itself :D

fatfish.jpg

New PB carp, and a real fatty at 18lb 8oz!

I bet you had some fun reeling that in on your pin! Great stuff.

It certainly is a "fatty" :lol:

That Matt Hayes says it's dead good? :)

Now there's a surprise!!! ;):yeah::yeah:

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.