bass

dav

Hiya lads , well its about on us now ,the weather for lure rod action , im from north east of uk and i,m an avid lure fisherman when it comes to this time of year and am planning on targeting bass around this area ,i know im quite away up north for bass but i know there here i,ve had a few of them whilst baitfishing from one particular beach ,although i,ve heard of others caught from other marks but again it only seems to be on bait at night and its not that often, i dont know if it because lure fishing for bass hasnt really took of up here as much as the south ,anyway i,ve tryed 4.00 in morning and last light at night to no luck with the lure rod. i,m after picking any anglers brains as to bassy areas were i could flick a few plugs etc in the north east uk if not , has anyone seen anyone lure fishing for bass around here , i know of loads of bassy ground but just cant seem to see or connect with any on the lure rod , ,i think its probably a confidense thing ,if i just knew of ground were bass are known to lurk i wouldnt mind spending days trying to find there cycle and wouldnt mind that ,its just the ground i,m trekking looks bassy but not sure exactly if i,m wasting my time on these bassy looking grounds , as bass are very thinly spread up here. i can understand everyones horror asking for info on bass fishing grounds around here , i know what it like giving info out that precious , but i would really appreciate it if anyone could help me e mail me or anything ,, i,m very passionate about bass stocks etc and would rather see fish swim away , , anyway thanks if anyone can help me ,Dave...

Whereabouts in the NE are you, north or south of where I live and what beach's have you tried

I,m from middlesbrough mate , when i said south i ment south of the country, ive had a few bass on the beach near steetly on bait and , lure fished sandsend , marske ,hartlepoll etc to no evail,, when i ment loads of bassy looking ground i meant places like, hummersea , and alot of the other scars/drop offs ,weed and sandy places, its just not working for bass on the lure for me ,i know its still early in the year but i tried last season, i mean i,m only a novice at bass plugging not sure if i,m in the right places ,or what ...cheers ,,,

You're hitting all the right areas its just that you're a touch too early for good bassing along our coastline, a few weeks of this sun and the lure will work just fine. There are bass being caught all along the coast and from the areas you've mentioned but I won't put up any info on here but will send a PM later on with some info.

If you call into Redcar Angling Centre opposite the bus station on the High St ask to have a look at their ariel photo of the Tees coastline and point out the bass hotspots to you.

They will do that if you ask but mention my name and say i sent you in.

Bait is working well with rag outfishing squid but if you are going to lure fish for bass the silver and silver/blue ones have been working well, don't rule out fishing just behind the surf in the white water as well as they can see your lure even in the surf, some of your fish will be in 18 ins of water feeding on shrimp and sand eel

Hi Dav. A lad from your area called Paul Lobley is pretty good when it comes to Bass fishing on this bit of coast, hes probably done as much bassing as anyone locally. Drop by the cleveland sea anglers website and pick his brains. No doubt you already know him. Hes the one who talks a lot :lol: . A good lad all the same and he's been very helpful to me in the past.

Ive had a few fish myself from Sandsend beach but nothing big. Infact only 1 worth keeping last year which I put back anyways. I hear Sandsend car park throws a few out and I would feel pretty certain you would be succesful on the shallow scars around the cliffs at sandsend. If your willing to go a bit further I think Filey, Flamborough and holderness coast are all good. The local expert for that area is Macky who frequents this forum from time to time. Im sure someone could give you an url for his website.

Edited by glennk

cheers for theinfo brian , and yes i do know paul ,not to talk to really though he lives near me , i dont think hel lgive up info like that , i know what hes like lol...i,ll plod on though , pm me brian with abit of info though if you dont mind , as for popping in redcar angling i might do that next time i,m passing , did you do a map for them like brian or is it what they done ,cheers