First Ever carp this morning

lopex

Got my first ever carp this morning !! It was bang on 13lb.

Caught at Burry Hill using 3 bits of corn with one plastic on a size 8 hair rig over a bed of hemp and groundbait. The first bite of the day must have been much bigger I couldn't stop it reaching the bushes to my left before its snapped off!!

I then caught a couple of 2-3lb bream and thought that I had missed my chance of getting my first carp. Then I started getting lots of shy (line) bites. It stopped for 10 mins then BANG!!

I knew I had another chance. Not wanting to make the same mistake as before I gave it loads of stick untill it was clear of the bushes and safely in my net.

Yes!!

Is this type of bite commom with carp?? Bream just seem to come from nowhere and bend the tip round but with both my carp bites things were happening around the bait long before the run ??

Can't wait to go again. But i think I will step up my 6lb Ironsilk mainline to some 8-10lb sensor??

Hope the pic works. Thanks for the advice.

Picture.jpg

Well done and congrats :yeah:

Cangratulations, that is a very nice fish, and a double for your first carp is a real result!

You are going to need a bigger landing net than that though! :yeah:

Mat

P.S. try holding the fish over the unhooking mat while taking your photos, if it manages to slip out of your hands it will have a softer landing and less chance of injury than if it slips onto the staging!

Mat

Mat

Well done Lopex, nothing quite beats the excitement of your first Carp does it.

Looks like a long lean fish which usually means a hell of a fight close quarters!

Concerning bites, you answered your own question earlier in the post. Unless you pin everything to the bottam, when a Carp comes into your swim he'll catch your line time & time again giving you plenty of notice he's there. Be careful though, once Carp start to get clued up they often shy off tight lines.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.