Advice needed for the S.Devon area Please.....

richi

HELP! want to know best area to stay .......want to catch conger..........would like to stay at hotel or similar or sc cottage......prefer to stay off the beaten track......what would you consider to be the prime time......do I need innocculating..........can I wear a silly hat?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Richi

Silly hats are compulsory in Devon .

It may take a few days to learn the language , us is a vunny old bunch yer thee nos .

My suggestion would be Dartmouth to Salcombe area for the sheer beauty of the area.

Lots of sheltered fishing if you pick a dogy week , loads of potential, and there are congers there for sure.

Avoid Torbay in the Summer .

Not sure about hotels etc. Musket or Yaskalos may better placed to advise.

Late Summer I would suggest

Sounds like a get together may be on the cards??

Chuggs

HELP! want to know best area to stay .......want to catch conger..........would like to stay at hotel or similar or sc cottage......prefer to stay off the beaten track......what would you consider to be the prime time......do I need innocculating..........can I wear a silly hat?

Hotel!Guest house! :blink:

Rough it in a tent:)

We go to Teignmouth for 2 weeks every year.Put the tent right up on the Estuary mouth.Its about 10 steps outside the tent and your in water :thumbs:

Every where is close by for travelling out for a day trip.Excellent bass fishing in the Estuary mouth too :fishing1:

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

BEWARE !!!!!........This could be a cunning ploy to recce and exploit our fishing grounds, by the funny hat brigade.

Careless talk could cost fish !!!

`uzzell ave to kep an eye orn em.........wos thank ohh et ??

Hi ya Bill :thumbs:

Greeeeetings frum Dorzet.Howz ya bin diddling

I will beez down ur neck of dem woodz from dat larst weekend in July for 2 weeks.Wont be Bringing my Prowler az it be tooooooo big to get in dat dere tent of minez.But weeees could allz meet up for a Fish,den a BBQ and pizzz up in d evening :crazy:

All yea bezt mate

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hi Richi,

How flexible are you re: time-can it be outside of kids hols ?Will make a big difference as far as crowds go.

Whenever you come down you will be most welcome :) Why not try a mini break as a taster first.

As Chuggs says we know there are conger at Salcombe and plenty other species.I'm sure there is a potential spot near me(15mins drive+30 min paddle) To be honest they are probably all around our rockier coast, It's just where to launch.I intend to have a go soon, so watch this space,

cheers Jon.

ps Thanks for the shirt.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hiya ZZippy. :)

Yep, deffinately a meet on the cards when your down here again.

Look forward to it :thumbs:

How you liking your new ride matey?

Bill. :)

The New Yak is spot on Mate :thumbs:

Well worth the wait.I still have to finish rigging her yet,but I am getting there slowly.

I put a centre Hatch in so I can get the transducer under the seat area and out of the way,Got the Anchor trolly set up and have two Ram mount fishing holders to put op front.So they are levell with the end of my Feet.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Musket.

Re your Conger quest.

I saw you mention wire traces?

Youd be better off using 50lb mono, and make sure you double up on the swivels!!

Using the Mono will make life easier if you have to cut the fish loose should you not be able to unhook it.

Have you ever caught a sizeable Conger? they get realy pi$$ed when you hook them, and thats the easey bit, letting them go is the hard bit, and from a seated position in a Kayak, it will be a bit of fun.

Look forward to the first pics of your catch.

Good Luck.

Bill.

Hiya ZZippy.

Well, sounds like your forging ahead with the rigging of her.

Im glad your happy with her.

Got a name in mind yet ??

Had mine on the tressles the other day, re- fitting the battery, and other bits n bobs back on her ready for the off.

Wasnt that pleased with the Scrambler XL.....so have now gone for the P13 , had her out yesterday for a paddle, been adding one or two bits too her.

Will be playing with the Fly gear this season, so she will be well used hopefully.

Just hope the weather is kind to us all this season, and the fish want to play :D

Bill.