"New" engine dilemma

Bluey

A small difference of opinion has arisen between myself and No2 son Chris. <_<

He has bought himself a 1997P VX Corsa 1.2 8v and unfortunately he suffered a broken cambelt a couple of weeks ago, now he had the car fixed and it still ran rough, possibilty of a chip on one of the valves.

Now at the time he was offered a "new" engine from his brothers works for £50 fitted.

Now the dilemma which has caused a difference of opinion. Chris says that if he has this "new" engine fitted he will have to have the car re MOT'd I say he does not who is right?? :headhurt:

Surely all he has to do is notify DVLA of "new" engine number?? There is no need to re MOT the car??

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

The only thing tested on the engine for an MOT is the emmission levels so if theres a worry over emmissions all he has to do is have an emmissions test . As long as he notifies DVLC of the change of engine and the engine number then he's ok. The DVLC may or may not require a new emmisions test so I'd hold back on that until they decide but there's no need for a re test as its still the same car

Check with the isurance company. I've heared a lot of nasty reports of them not paying up on policies because the car had been "modified".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hi Ken

No there's no modifying to/will be done it's a straight swop one 1.2 litre 8v VX engine for another, in fact the "new" engine comes from another "P" reg Corsa only it has a little less mileage on it. Chris's has 79K on his and this engine has done only 68K.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing