Tope Trip Wales

SpeciMan

As my Mull of Galloway trip has been knocked on teh head I'll try and make this, but coming so far I'd like to a few days of it.

Zippy and SpeciMan, let me know when you settle on dates and I'll try and make it then.

Hiya Spanner

We will probably be looking at the first week in June.I will let you know in a few days time.But that will all be dependant on weather too.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'd like to tag along for the tope weekend. I have cleared it in principle with the missus for any of the weekends, but 10th would be favourite....I would take 9th off work and make a weekend of it.

Given other commitments over the next few weekends its likely that this would be my first fishing trip on the yak, so you may get a laugh or two at my expense.

I have plenty of kit for making up traces etc, so anyone without end tackle doesn't need to worry.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Fingers crossed for a calm sunny weekend.

Mike

I'm new to yak fishing too Mike and I will be there to learn from these guy's so you wont be alone giving the laugh's ;) wait till you see a 16.5 stone rigger trying to do a re-entry while laughing his diving socks off :clap2::clap2: it's quite something

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

ZZippy, Specimen, Darnsarf, Richi, Hong Kong - I might be down to Bournemouth/Poole next week - any days you planning on going out. After 6 days solid I am planning on a few hours escape - 05.00 I finished this morning (by the time I had driven home from Cornwall) then on the road again at 08.30 to go down to Oxford - my eyelids are begining to droop a little (it is now 00.50 again!)

Anyway, there is a bike and I have two RIBs to get tested by the end of the month - all in the same area.

Same as Darnsarf Simon weekend definately and the fish are starting to show now :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

tope trip on the tenth then?

i heard eel is a good tope bait is this true?

erm was directions mentioned somewhere? ill bet its at the beggining of this post lol its near 2 am here so aint looked

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

tope trip on the tenth then?

i heard eel is a good tope bait is this true?

erm was directions mentioned somewhere? ill bet its at the beggining of this post lol its near 2 am here so aint looked

Eel is a good tope bait in some parts of the country like the thames estuary for instance, sometimes the only bait that will work.

As for cardigan bay, after fishing for tope there and the pembrokeshire coast for almost 20 years I can tell you that makerel baits and small livebaits will outfish eel by a long way in these waters. Dont get me wrong if you want to give it a go then go for it as you never know, but be prepared to pay top dollars for fresh eel.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

I have swaped shifts at work and can make the trip on the 10th.Speciman and I will be travelling up on Friday the 9th in the afternoon.We will probably stay till the Monday.Just got to TELL the other half when I get home from work :o

zzippy2.gif

ill be on the way up on the 9th also any idea how long it will be from london journey wise and a streetmap link to the campsite would be nice if possible we can talk tope marks when we get there we dont want everybody knowing where it is exactly now do we :D

oh i also spent 150 squids on a roof rack for my kayak and i aint even got j bars for it yet :(

Edited by Hungry Fisherman

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

ill be on the way up on the 9th also any idea how long it will be from london journey wise and a streetmap link to the campsite would be nice if possible we can talk tope marks when we get there we dont want everybody knowing where it is exactly now do we :D

oh i also spent 150 squids on a roof rack for my kayak and i aint even got j bars for it yet :(

Hiya Hungry.

Look on the AA route finder it will tell you how many miles and how long travelling time.

From Bournemouth its 228 miles and just over 5 hours drive.

You dont really need J bars for your roof rack.Just lay it upside down and strap it on.Then tie it off front and back if your worried about it.

zzippy2.gif

10th it is - as a definite booking. Like most i shall travel over on the Friday and get some bait from the tackle shop (frozen mackerel) just in case I can't feather any.

Anyone going before then I think any weekend now provided the weather is Ok - Loch Lomond job has been cancelled this coming weekend - but gales forcast! Typical.

I think the early June weekends will all see someone over there having a go!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo