Mid Wales Trip Update

Martin Hurst

Hi Richi

No we didn't go fishing today. I don't plan to head out again till next Friday when if the weather is settled we'll be fishing the Skerries for plaice. If its too blowy and we don't bother going to South Devon, I'll put a big bait out in Poole or Christchurch Bay if the weather is kind to us here.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like there are going to be some excellent photos and reports comming up, looking forward to reading them :thumbs:

There certainly will be Yakity :) I had to leave yesterday morning but I know the guys had another good days fishing on the River Dovey as the surf and sea was just looking too dangerous. Obviously I won't steal the guys thunder and will let them report their own catches.

Unfortunately I've got to crack on with some work now, but I would just like to say what an absolute pleasure it was to meet all those that made it across here for some fishing. The banter, the experience, the shared knowledge, the bull*^$% round the fire place as Captain put it!..and just the buzz from being out on the water with some of the most skilled fisherman you could want to meet (both on the fly and sea fishing) was worth the entrance fee alone!!! :) ...My van broke down on the way home and even that couldn't wipe the smile from my face, or sour the memories of a great fishing trip with some great guys.

So thanks to all for a brilliant day and a half, can't wait for another opportunity (although work might get in the way...and I know that just isn't good enough!!!)

And finally Captains Organ...you'll be missed...Canada is gaining a star...a bl**dy loud one, but a star none the less!

All the Best and Tightlines if you're out today guys, Rich....it was an education :)

Great Report Mike. Not jealous at all :P Planning to give this Fluff chucking lark a go next year so Im taking notes.

Really pleased for you all but particularly Phooey. Hes had a couple of tough sessions so an unmentionable..............will have done him a world of good.

Next time he can show me how to do it :thumbs:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Mike.

Great report and pictures, what a trip you all had.

Whos doing the cooking on the bar-b in the pic ? bet that bacon was WELL done :D

Looking forward to working with the fly gear this season, and thanks for your earlier tips on lines etc.

Good luck to you for Canada.

Cheers.

Bill.

Great Report Mike. Not jealous at all :P Planning to give this Fluff chucking lark a go next year so Im taking notes.

Really pleased for you all but particularly Phooey. Hes had a couple of tough sessions so an unmentionable..............will have done him a world of good.

Next time he can show me how to do it :thumbs:

here here to all of the above :clap::thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Great report C'apn

Boy does that give me some inspiration.

Best wishes for your move and tight lines in your new playground.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I