might quit

zenith10

DONT DO IT, i quit after working in a tackle shop for 5 yrs just needed some space from it i think, but it was the worst thing ive ever done 4 yrs with out catching a fish is a hell of a long time i can tell you, and the advancements all i can say is :blink: hydro elastics what are they lol {i know now} as my gran used to say use a bit of knicker elastic! Like the rest of the guys have said try joining a local club you might be suprised, can i ask though what sort of fishing do you do? Carp? Speci? Match or just plain pleasure? sometimes helps in choosing what club to join thats all any how good luck and dont do it!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im in two minds whether to continue fishing or not mainly due to my fishing buddy quiting fishing. now i have nobody to go with but a few lads from school that go to the lake i go to said that i could tag along with them if i wanted. so give me some encouragement to stay on.

Why do you need a mate to fish with ? I enjoy fishing alone (could be a personal problem !) , you'd be suprised how focused you can be without distractions , you'll think fishing and your catch rate will benefit (that's the theory !)

I go fishing on my own, have done for quite a few years, but I meet and befriend so many others like myself on the bank side, so in fact iam never alone.

That is until I go undercover up the ouse!

just one more cast then I'am off home

already a member of a club, got to send me form off to rejoin, i dunno i just like fishing with people always have. i have tried it by myself but it wasnt as good. anyway thanks for the responses i think ill join the club anyway as its only 7.50 a year

So your buddy has packed up and he will be leaning on you to do the same, you could do worse than persuade someone else to go with you and teach them what you know, there's probably someone out there on the bank now just looking for a helping hand, remember when you started.

The club's a good idea too maybe try your hand at a match, if you don't make new friends you'll certainly learn a lot from watching.

Tightlines mate.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Youll all ways find some one to fish with.

But be carefull, try not to fish allone , some nasty buggers out there.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

when i was in my early teens, i got bit fed up sometimes, and nearly considered selling my tackle, because i wasnt catching, mainly after i started going on my own, but give it a season, and you start to improve, things pick up with experience, like a snowball effect, i tell you, when you start to get good fish, through nothing but your own perseverence its worth it.

stick at it, or if you dont, just dont sell your tackle, as you may change your mind after a few months.

Youll all ways find some one to fish with.

But be carefull, try not to fish allone , some nasty buggers out there.

thats what i used to do, from 14 onwards, but it was mainly on real quiet stretches of river, by quiet i mean i saw someone once every 15 trips, and then it was often just the farmer, but yes there are some nasties out there.

Take a break maybe. One day soon you'll look out of the window and think "I wish I was fishing", and there's nothing to stop you doing exactly that ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.