Mullet

darnsarf

Nemo: The Fleet is a nursery area, so to my knowledge can't be fished. If you want to catch mullet then Weymouth Harbour is your best bet. There are vast shoals of them where the Radipole sluice gates flow into the main harbour.

Zippy/Darnsarf etc. There should be plenty of mullet in Poole Harbour by now as there are quite a few running the river up to Wareham. With the weather forecast looking sh*t for the weekend, the missus is threatening me with decorating our bedroom. Anyone fancy rescuing me on one of the days to have a crack at the Poole Harbour fish (weather permitting of course)?

Hi Shy Tangler.

This weekend is a no no for me.My Daughter has plans to go and see the Alice in Wonderland Park if its nice.

The forecast isnt good though.Looks like from wed onwards it should be breaking.Plus Poole Harbour will be packed with Crazy ppl under sail power.They can never seem to focus straight ahead,Their yaught is going forwards and the 2 old ppl are usually looking at the Scenery side on,through binoculars....Ask Hungry Fisherman :boat: He had a near miss last year.

zzippy2.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm!

Just thinking out loud.

An article about mullet fishing from a yak would make a good article for 'Grey Ghost', the National Mullet Club magazine, and spread the idea of yak-fishing a little further.

If anyone fancies putting pen to paper, email/pm me and I'll let you have the editor's email address.

(Unfortunately, there won't be any cash in it!)

Hi Leon.

It would make an intresting write up.I think a few practice runs will have to be done first,Simon and Speciman are very handy with a Camera :whistling:

zzippy2.gif

Shy Tangler yep could be up for Sunday or Monday

Leon. Game with a few pointers. Great artcles by the way. Will send a PM.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Just taken a look at the forecast, Sunday is looking OKish, might try and make a dash for it, otherwise, I'm up early with the SWFFing wand to have a wonder in preparation for the 17th Species hunt.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nemo: The Fleet is a nursery area, so to my knowledge can't be fished. If you want to catch mullet then Weymouth Harbour is your best bet. There are vast shoals of them where the Radipole sluice gates flow into the main harbour.

Zippy/Darnsarf etc. There should be plenty of mullet in Poole Harbour by now as there are quite a few running the river up to Wareham. With the weather forecast looking sh*t for the weekend, the missus is threatening me with decorating our bedroom. Anyone fancy rescuing me on one of the days to have a crack at the Poole Harbour fish (weather permitting of course)?

Poole Harbour is a nursery area too!

Poole Harbour is a nursery area too!

Hiya MJB.

Yes your right.Poole is a Nursery area from sallterns Marina/Goat Horn up To Wareham.You can still fish anywhere you want to though as long as any bass you catch go back.You are not allowed to use lures or Sandeels in the Nursery area.

Last year we had the fisheries authority check up on us.

zzippy2.gif

Just got my Mullet gear as recommended by those on here. Leon uses a telescopic rod and as he pointed out these could be ideal for yak fishing. No more struggling to get to the tip etc. Just colapse the rod.

Leon. Got me a Rhino and will be getting it wet in the morning. Conditions probably not right for mullet but will try your Sea Angler rig for mackies and Gars. Maybe a bream if Im lucky. Thanks to you all for the advice. The fun starts here.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)