Advice required for a new member

Thanks for the responses, we get the same problem with the Sea Gull round here, Just got back from St Catherines, thought about having a paddle but the break water was full of Sea scouts from coventry crabbing and the local Canoe club, rather packed and very low water. so decided on a nice cup of the old cafe and a sandwich then planned the fishing trip for tonight of le roc. tides lateish around 8:40 but still beats watching emerdale or corry (yuck). will try Lucas but am now lookin for Kari tec if anyone know the supplier on Jersey would be good.

Thanks again......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Somerset, Lucas does the Thule systems as far as I know which are excellent athough a little pricey, I got my two pairs of J bars from the local canoe club down at st Caths they are :

http://www.kayak.co.uk/equipment/info/jcradle2.htm

They dont have any trouble carrying a Prowler 15 and a Caper, should be fine for a Drifter.

As for Kari tec suppliers here in jersey, apart from the iron stores I think your best bet would be to get in touch with Kevin Mansell from the kayak club he might have an idea or maybe one of the members.

You can get hold of him from here.

http://www.seapaddler.co.uk/

Good luck

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Hi Somerset, Lucas does the Thule systems as far as I know which are excellent athough a little pricey, I got my two pairs of J bars from the local canoe club down at st Caths they are :

http://www.kayak.co.uk/equipment/info/jcradle2.htm

They dont have any trouble carrying a Prowler 15 and a Caper, should be fine for a Drifter.

As for Kari tec suppliers here in jersey, apart from the iron stores I think your best bet would be to get in touch with Kevin Mansell from the kayak club he might have an idea or maybe one of the members.

You can get hold of him from here.

http://www.seapaddler.co.uk/

Good luck

Thanks will give them a call.

were do you do most of your paddling?

Me I mainly paddle on the north of the island, usually frome Greve either to sorel point or Plemont, sometimes if a fancy a change La Pulente to Beauport depending on the tide etc I'm going to try out Seymour sometime this year, but could do with a few pointers from some of our fellow beans here that fish or have fished that area as to tidal run as it rips through there.

Oh BTW welcome to the board their a great bunch. :yeah:

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Never tried Seymour, but want to give the Goldsmiths a go.

I do most of my paddling around Icho Tower/ Green Island at the moment, but am moving to St John's later this year, so Bonne Nuit will be my local bay.

Good to see a fair few Jersey boys on here for the kayaks!

Am out tonight, but from the shore- too windy still for the yak.

B.A.S.S. member

Never tried Seymour, but want to give the Goldsmiths a go.

I do most of my paddling around Icho Tower/ Green Island at the moment, but am moving to St John's later this year, so Bonne Nuit will be my local bay.

Good to see a fair few Jersey boys on here for the kayaks!

Am out tonight, but from the shore- too windy still for the yak.

I fish the Green Island/ Le marais area...keep an aye out..Im in a sunrise Prowler.

Just got back from an hour or so tonight.Wasnt too bad at all..a little breezy..drifting at about 1 knot.First cast got me a schoolie :)

After a little while ..got myself a 3 - 4 Lb Bass.

Wind started to pick up a bit more so headed in..thoroughly enjoyed it tho :)

I fish the Green Island/ Le marais area...keep an aye out..Im in a sunrise Prowler.

Just got back from an hour or so tonight.Wasnt too bad at all..a little breezy..drifting at about 1 knot.First cast got me a schoolie :)

After a little while ..got myself a 3 - 4 Lb Bass.

Wind started to pick up a bit more so headed in..thoroughly enjoyed it tho :)

Would be good if we could get a full list of all Jersey based Kayak lovers, Tried Green Island last saturday wind was up and the slip current was huge good fun though. Give me a shout if you see me around, Yellow yes Yellow Drifter. Why yellow? thought it was the only colour the capitain of the condor could not miss!

Great posts keep them coming.

Would be good if we could get a full list of all Jersey based Kayak lovers, Tried Green Island last saturday wind was up and the slip current was huge good fun though. Give me a shout if you see me around, Yellow yes Yellow Drifter. Why yellow? thought it was the only colour the capitain of the condor could not miss!

Great posts keep them coming.

Will be on the Condor on Sunday SJ, I will make sure the Captain looks out for you!!!!!

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Hi Guy's take a seat, sorry for the bad writing what have I missed? I've been on a bit of an adventure it started out on weds morning, I popped down to Greve to go for a paddle it was bit blowy force 4 so i popped into the cafe for a roll n a cup of coffee and decided to go down to St Brelades instead on my way back i dropped into St Ouens motorworks to buy some fishing tackle, I was looking at the plugs n Lures when all of a sudden I started seeing double i felt quite dizzy so I got out of there and back into the daylight it didnt improve I checked myself in the wing mirror and to my shock I looked like Marty Feldman :blink: I lost all muscle control in my left eye and the eye lid which closed and couldnt open I felt no pain or anything so stupid me decided to drive home using one eye only.

When I eventually got home I phoned the Docs and the missus to let her know, anyways the upshot of it is my missus rushed me down to A+E where they initially came to the conlcusion that i'd had a mild stroke so I had a CT scan to check for a brain bleed or any other signs and booked me in for the night (I hate hospital)

Thursday I went down for an MRI scan followed by another overnight stay Grrr , I finally got the results today which both came out clear no signs of anything untoward which now has the doctors flumixed I escaped todayand have a 3rd scan on Tuesday on my neck, the only other thing the doctors concluded is that it could be some sort of viral attack on the nerves the control the eyeball, I guess well have to wait n see.

I am getting some sort of control back even though I cant lift the eyelid fully I can find places to focus both the eyes on where the image merges normally, so fingers crossed I might get some normality back,

You get a lot of time to think while your in hospital how we take things for granted etc, the what if's like how would I cope if i couldnt go kayaking because of not being able to drive.

The funny bit is they have advised me to wear an eyepatch oooaarr jimlad now my kayak is complete.

despite my woes (gets out the violin) I still want to meet up with you guys so send me ya mobile number when you get over SeaDoo if Nelson can do so can Eye ;)

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15