Advice required for a new member

Sorry to hear that man :(

Hope alls good in the end.Life has a strange habit of slappin you in the face when all seems to be going ok .

Good luck with everything :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prowler great to hear all has turned out OK ish. MIght be worth having a name that Yak competition and see how many times "Victory" gets a mention. :P

Good Luck with the recovery hope to see you on the water one day.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Get well soon Prowler.

You'll need a parrot to go with that eye patch :)

I hope to get over to Jersey myself one day to sample the kayak fishing delights out there. Weymouth is not far from me.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Guy's take a seat, sorry for the bad writing what have I missed? I've been on a bit of an adventure it started out on weds morning, I popped down to Greve to go for a paddle it was bit blowy force 4 so i popped into the cafe for a roll n a cup of coffee and decided to go down to St Brelades instead on my way back i dropped into St Ouens motorworks to buy some fishing tackle, I was looking at the plugs n Lures when all of a sudden I started seeing double i felt quite dizzy so I got out of there and back into the daylight it didnt improve I checked myself in the wing mirror and to my shock I looked like Marty Feldman :blink: I lost all muscle control in my left eye and the eye lid which closed and couldnt open I felt no pain or anything so stupid me decided to drive home using one eye only.

When I eventually got home I phoned the Docs and the missus to let her know, anyways the upshot of it is my missus rushed me down to A+E where they initially came to the conlcusion that i'd had a mild stroke so I had a CT scan to check for a brain bleed or any other signs and booked me in for the night (I hate hospital)

Thursday I went down for an MRI scan followed by another overnight stay Grrr , I finally got the results today which both came out clear no signs of anything untoward which now has the doctors flumixed I escaped todayand have a 3rd scan on Tuesday on my neck, the only other thing the doctors concluded is that it could be some sort of viral attack on the nerves the control the eyeball, I guess well have to wait n see.

I am getting some sort of control back even though I cant lift the eyelid fully I can find places to focus both the eyes on where the image merges normally, so fingers crossed I might get some normality back,

You get a lot of time to think while your in hospital how we take things for granted etc, the what if's like how would I cope if i couldnt go kayaking because of not being able to drive.

The funny bit is they have advised me to wear an eyepatch oooaarr jimlad now my kayak is complete.

despite my woes (gets out the violin) I still want to meet up with you guys so send me ya mobile number when you get over SeaDoo if Nelson can do so can Eye ;)

Sorry to hear you're a bit crook Prowler. Get plenty of rest, your body is trying to tell you something. Don't put on a brave face and ignore it. All the best for a speedy recovery :thumbs:

good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour Prowler.........all the best ............richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Speedy recovery Prowler, they body is a funny thing, or so my wife keeps telling me :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Prowler

Sorry to hear that mate, but glad the outlook looks good. That Jersey air will do you good mate, you beans are a tough lot :) Would be glad to meet ya when I get there and promise not to make ANY pirate jokes at all :lol: I will send you a PM now of my mobile and we can maybe meet up, even just for a good old chin wag if need be, no problem at all :thumbs: Good luck on Tuesday, I am sure it will be fine. My missus had a do in France a few years ago and her heart went all out of pace. The docs suspected EVERYTHING as they do (to cover themselves methinks!) They talked of putting a tube into her stomach to shock her heart into fibrilation again etc etc, but that turned out to be a virus!! She is now 100% FINE :)

At least all them Jersey fish will be getting a little break from the Prowler for a little while, so stocks can re-build! :lol::lol::lol:

All the best mate and hopefully see you soon (open a spare can of sunshine please :) )

SDD~~~~~~~ :sun:

sorry to hear about your setback prowler ,hope the next scan is allclear too. them viruses can be nasty little buggers .get some of that nice sunshine we are getting better than any medicine . take care of yourself prowler

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

sorry to hear about your setback prowler ,hope the next scan is allclear too. them viruses can be nasty little buggers .get some of that nice sunshine we are getting better than any medicine . take care of yourself prowler

Hear hear mate :):):)

SDD~~~~~ :sun: