Indicators - which?

JustOneLastCast

I've been a couple of times buzzer fishing now and I see various types of ' indicators' are being used.

There seems to be many types/styles of indicators available. I'm primarily bank fishing a 30acre reservoir or 3 acre pond.

Which indicator do you recommend; please?

Guest franticfisherman2

Hi JOLC, for bung fishing with a short leader and 3 flies (up to 9 feet) I use a "Fish Pimp". For long leaders where you need the indicator to come thro' the rod rings when you are landing a fish, you will need some waterproofed yarn such as "Loon Strike Out" Have a look HERE

Loon,

or A eqivilant Hi vis yarn, Ive tried the float dough,bung and pimp. And allways fall back on the simplicity of using a piece of yarn. although you do ocasionaly have fish rising to it.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Thanks Guys for all your good advice.

This week I bought and used a smallish pimp one evening; caught 4 nice fish. At last, success with a buzzer :)

I think I'll get some 'Loon' wool so in deep water the line will pass thru the eyes. Also the small trout pond I fish has a 'one fly only' rule. So, I can't use a booby as an indicator unless I nip off the hook bend.

It does seem 'pimp' fishing is akin to float fishing, but I don't mind; I'm catching trout on buzzers.

I expect that's sacrilege to some. But I also do enter the 'dark side' and go carp fishing :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have used pimps,damn things seem to always come off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,perhaps it's me!!!!!!!!!!

tried foam ones with a plastic peg-they seem to slip up and down at will :blink: .

Have just got some floating beads from guy on ebay.Can either slip em onto the leader via a wire loop,or do as i did-push out the small retainer and use a plastic peg or toothpick.Used one last week and no problems with slipping at all.He does two sizes.Smaller ones are too small for distance work though.