Do you lie about your catches

Ken L

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mainly fish club waters and when asked its by another member so tell it as it has happened.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Sorry ken but i have to disagree with 1 thing you say, not all match anglers want pike killed {former match angler so no axe to grind} to be perfectly honest i cant think of 1 match angler i know whos thrown 1 up the bank so to speak as they all count round our neck of the woods its this them and us attitude in fishing that really gets on my pecs, at the end of the day we all go to catch cold blooded animals out of water called fish, doesnt matter to me if your a carp angler, match man, speci hunter or just a noddy {pleasure fisherman} im a noddy and bloody proud of it!

good topic ken

i am a piker/predator angler,i lie all the time,i have to like seph i want to protect the fishing i have found,often its bloody hard work finding it.

i fish for zander in a place not many know they are there,i neer mention them,as far as they know i am carping/breaming (lives hidden, drop offs away during dayllight) crafty? selffish? yes i am a little,

but as matt hilman said pike/zander are not carp and tench.

if i am appraoched by another pike angler,i say same as ken,few jacks mate nothing big,even if i have had a double i will not mention it.

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Not 1 for starting a row and all that but have you ever thought that these so called lesser anglers could actually learn a bit from you in the way of fiosh handling etc, at the end of the day they have got of there arses to find somewhere new to fish and they have ppl telling em its a load of rubbish! Just think its bloody hypocrtical thats all! :wallbash:

i fish for zander in a place not many know they are there,i neer mention them,as far as they know i am carping/breaming (lives hidden, drop offs away during dayllight) crafty? selffish? yes i am a little,

but as matt hilman said pike/zander are not carp and tench.

Zander in our neck of the woods? you kept that one really quiet! I'll have to start following you about :P

Mat

Mat

ahh matt,

if you want to know i have no problem sending you a PM,a few already know they are there.i trust you matt you know what your doing, if you didnt you would ask so thers no problem telling you : )

Not 1 for starting a row and all that but have you ever thought that these so called lesser anglers could actually learn a bit from you in the way of fiosh handling etc, at the end of the day they have got of there arses to find somewhere new to fish and they have ppl telling em its a load of rubbish! Just think its bloody hypocrtical thats all! :wallbash:

yes but alot dont want help thats problem,they already think they know what they are doing,funny how it seems to take them 10 minutes to unhook and photo a pike,(regardless of size) :angry:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Just seems to me that people are becoming very selfish in this modern cynical world, reminds me of being a kid "its my ball and im taking it home your not playing" mentality! :g:

ahh matt,

if you want to know i have no problem sending you a PM,a few already know they are there.i trust you matt you know what your doing, if you didnt you would ask so thers no problem telling you : )

I wouldn't have a clue with Zander, and am not confident with pike, so I don't fish for toothy predators unless I have someone around I can call on for assistance if needed :2:

OTOH If you don't mind a noddy hanging around I would love to join you for a session or two later on in the season!

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

I think that some owners of lakes do not all ways tell the truth.

If I had a fiver from the times they said to be you should have been down here yesterday when they were bagging up I would be a very rich man.

Ian Flynn