Do you lie about your catches

Ken L

Just seems to me that people are becoming very selfish in this modern cynical world, reminds me of being a kid "its my ball and im taking it home your not playing" mentality! :g:

not really mate,i share my findings with a small group of friends i fish with thatsit,i will tell what i have caught just not where i caught it :P

there you go matt,you're one of those good enough to admit it,i would galdly have you come down and fish for some preds! be good to show yoyu how to handle them give you soem confidence :thumbs:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wasn't going to reply on this thread until I started to nod my head in agreement. I have a water where in 15 years I can hold me hand on my heart and say I have NEVER blanked! OK so some of the fish have been a few ounces, but I have had a few cracking fish out of it. The owner and I are on first name basis and I am on nodding terms with a lot of people that fish there. Being close to a road, you often get people stopping and having a look. When they come up to you, you can tell from the manner they approach you whether or not they are anglers. If they barge up irrespective of their surroundings and demand to know what's in there, the answer is usually just a few small tiddlers, the only reason you fish it is because it's close to home. OTOH, if he studies the water and comes to where you are fishing unobtrusively and SOFTLY asks if you have caught anything, and asks what tackle and bait you are using, I will usually tell the truth about the water.

I have often since seen said anglers coming to the waters and fishing "properly". I have even had one come up and thank me for pointing out various swims etc. to him.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Do I lie about my catchs? Yes 99% of the time! I am however never rude to anyone who talks to me on the bank.No I dont want to share my catchs with most people but see this as no reason to be ignorant.This to me is the unaceptable face of modern specimen angling not keeping your catches quiet.

I will always help but as others have said experience teachs you that if you value your fishing you wont want every man and his dog down there.A simple "bit quiet,but isnt it a lovely day?" or "just a few small ones,but good fun" suffices.

When I ask the time honoured "caught much mate?" it is purely a way of opening a conversation.I dont really expect (or really need to know) exactly what the guy has caught.BUT what I dont expect is to be totally blanked or the bivvy door zipped up!

I could recount a thousand anecdotes some funny some tragic on this subject.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

:blink: No

Whats the point :blink::blink:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

It's more about on the bankside and revealing hotspots... frankly I hate people coming up and talking to me when I fish... I prefer to concentrate, and something always goes wrong when someone is watching!
Ah the secretive angler, :rolleyes:

We're not talking about coming on here an pretending you caught a 30lb burbot though are we...

Does it matter we're the tall tales are spun, ?? a lie is a lie, make not diffrence where they are spoken, here or the bank side, or am i reading this post wrong :headhurt:

Like these images, fixed or not, ???

Large Fish HERE

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

to be honest YES

i downrate my catch if ever approached on the banK.

young thug.. "caught owt mate?"

me.. "just a couple of small perch, roach and a plastic bag.

young thug.. "oh, that all? *young thug wanders off*

me chortles to ones self , my usual good catching swim is safe for a while yet. :D

IPB Image