First chub of the year

Anderoo

Rivers back to a good normal winter level, steady flows, lovely bottle-green colour, nice settled cold and crisp weather, high pressure... proper chub time :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo have you seen the rumours or pic of the 10lb Chub out of the Thames??? have heard that the weighing was suspect but have not seen the pic myself

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Anderoo have you seen the rumours or pic of the 10lb Chub out of the Thames??? have heard that the weighing was suspect but have not seen the pic myself

No, I really wouldn't be surprised if it was true though... with rumours like that I always think, even if the weighing was suspect and it's 2lb off, that's still an 8lber!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It is a great fish and I wouldn't put too much store in the length, I think it lacks the girth to be a double but I'm the worst for looking at a chub and underestimating by a couple of pounds.

Love this bit of reporting;

'Caught by Robert Maiko, who comes from Poland but has lived in London for more than a decade' ,,,,,,read...... 'Don't worry he didn't eat it'

http://www.fish-on-friday.com/2014/12/thames-produces-claimed-10lb-chub/

• Like 2

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well myself and Matthew are having a go tomorrow evening river has dropped 15" from a few days ago and is clearing to greenie tinge according to our man on the spot ,chasing the dream and maybe a record who knows it is as yet unclear if Chief estimate weight guesser to the stars Rusty will be joining us

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: