so much for the E U bans

jaffa6938

So much For E U Controls

I found this on John Brennans Web site Have posted it off to Jim Wippy AT Boat Angler

THE SANDEEL BOATS ARE BACK! To our dismay, despair, disgust and sorrow, the sandeel fleet is back in force, daily taking thousands of tons of the little fish that so many creatures of (or by) the sea depend upon for sustenance. After a ban of less than a year, in April the powers-that-be quietly permitted the sandeel slaughter to recommence. How this can be allowed to happen is beyond my understanding. I know I shouldn't get political, but doesn't the EU or the UK government give a damn about the industrial fishing which is so very destructive? (See John's article on the 'Cod Crisis'.) We have been seeing clumps of at least six vessels at a time, loaded to the gunwales with their catches. The radar shot shows an example of what is out there - fifteen sandeel vessels within four miles of us. (The dotted-line circle on the radar screen represents the two-mile radius from the boat.) If you look closely at some of the sandeel-boat photos, you'll see the background dots of other vessels in the vicinity. Incidentally, we haven't seen a single UK trawler out there all year, to date... and last season we only spotted one.

The full story including some interesting pics can be found at www.chieftaincharters.com in the photo section

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a scrap yard out there. :blink:

is this boat ok? or is it overfull.?

http://www.chieftaincharters.com/SANDEEL%2...RS%20022(1).jpg

Even more so when it got home.

packed to the gunnels

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Lets put this into perspective. If a farmer put his prize herd of dairy cows into an enclosed field and locked the gate, then every morning cut the grass in that field and took it away, what would happen to his prize herd. Answer they would starve to death and he would probably end up in court facing cruelty charges.

These factory ships are cutting the grass so to speak, something is going to happen.

If your stomach turns like mine does just thinking about what is happening do something about it. Write to your M.P, the P.M and DEFRA

Write the old fashioned way on paper it is more likely to be read. Include a photo of one of the boats you have just looked at. A picture says a thousand words.

Here are some adresses which are freely available.

Defra

Nobel House

17 Smith Square

London SW1P 3JR

Find your local office and write to them. List of addresses for your local DEFRA office

I know most people will say "what's the point nobody listens anyway"

but I tell you this nobody can listen if they have nothing to hear.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Lets put this into perspective. If a farmer put his prize herd of dairy cows into an enclosed field and locked the gate, then every morning cut the grass in that field and took it away, what would happen to his prize herd. Answer they would starve to death and he would probably end up in court facing cruelty charges.

These factory ships are cutting the grass so to speak, something is going to happen.

If your stomach turns like mine does just thinking about what is happening do something about it. Write to your M.P, the P.M and DEFRA

Write the old fashioned way on paper it is more likely to be read. Include a photo of one of the boats you have just looked at. A picture says a thousand words.

Here are some adresses which are freely available.

Defra

Nobel House

17 Smith Square

London SW1P 3JR

Find your local office and write to them. List of addresses for your local DEFRA office

I know most people will say "what's the point nobody listens anyway"

but I tell you this nobody can listen if they have nothing to hear.

ICES must have assessed the stock level, then advised the EU that it was OK to start fishing again, if you need to write to any body it's them not DEFRA.

I fish to live and live to fish.

ICES must have assessed the stock level, then advised the EU that it was OK to start fishing again, if you need to write to any body it's them not DEFRA.

BUT FOR HOW LONG why should these boats be allowed to bring a fisherie to its knees because in time thats is just what they will do AGAIN its all politics its not IF ITS WHEN.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg