Fishfinders For Piers and Jetties

Elton

I always turn mine off too dude but maybe the tope could be attracted to the pulses..we all know how sensitive their electro receptors are......stranger things have happened!

muttley,

the signal is sound not electricity, i think the power to the t.ducer is very low, the tope would probably need to be right next to it...probably someone will prove me wrong, just watch) :rolleyes:

i have one of the new lowrance colours sets and it puts out 4000 watts, i remember fishing with a skipper in scrabster (billy kirk) and he switched off his sounder when he drifted in the shallower marks because it was a very powerful commercial set as he reckoned the cod were scared off by the noise as it perhaps sounded like dolphins.

it's much more likely the fish were put off in the shallow water by the big diesel engine throbbing away :angry:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always switch my sounder off when i fish at anchor, especially when fishing for tope and skate and other shark species

someone will be along in a minute to say they leave theirs on and haven't noticed any difference in catches.

here I am :P My sounder is on all the time, even at anchor and I cant say I've noticed any difference in catches :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I think the devise is spot on Elton and I am definately going to purchase one for mullet fishing. The thing is why shouldn't we use science and modern technology to help us in our quest to catch more fish. A few years ago people would consider bait alarms as "cheating" but show me a serious carp angler who goes without one. Lines , Reels, Rods everything is improving and evolving my feeling is use every adavntage you can especially to find fish! Surely polarised glasses are to a lesser degree the same thing? without them you wouldn't be able to spot fish in bright light. But that has become common place and very acceptable way of locating fish.

The only difference with the fish finder is you are able to locate the fish at a deeper levels and lets face it the fish aren't going to jumb on the bank just cos you put a fish finder in. The skill of baiting, and catching fish still remains and with mullet that is still a diffcult enough task. At least with the finder you know you may be not completely wasting your time and who wants to fish a fishless swim anyway?

Davy Holt Yesterday, 11:32 PM Post #12

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,302

QUOTE(Happy Dude @ Jun 14 2006, 07:09 PM) i always switch my sounder off when i fish at anchor, especially when fishing for tope and skate and other shark species

someone will be along in a minute to say they leave theirs on and haven't noticed any difference in catches.

here I am My sounder is on all the time, even at anchor and I cant say I've noticed any difference in catches

--------------------

Davy

without wanting a conflict Davy, if you always leave yours on then you would not notic a difference would you.

I suspect that it doesnt make any difference but as already stated it all about confidence.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

here I am :P My sounder is on all the time, even at anchor and I cant say I've noticed any difference in catches :)

what did i tell you :lol::wallbash:

but if you have never switched it off while fishing how do you know it doesn't make a diference :schmoll::yeah:

switch it off and you might get more than 1 fish per trip :yeah::clap2::thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

what did i tell you :lol::wallbash:

Well I didn't want to let you down :sun:

but if you have never switched it off while fishing how do you know it doesn't make a diference
cause I've tried that one in the past and found no difference :P

switch it off and you might get more than 1 fish per trip

Ahhh but I only needed 1 fish on that trip, and I made it a proper one :P.. remind me what's your biggest this year :P :P :yeah::yeah:

Davy

your right there Davy all your skate are propper.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Well I didn't want to let you down :sun:

cause I've tried that one in the past and found no difference :P

Ahhh but I only needed 1 fish on that trip, and I made it a proper one :P.. remind me what's your biggest this year

yes davy, my biggest this year is 119lb, :rolleyes:

but i only fish for skate for 7 or 8 days a year and am seriously hampered by the weather.

what was your biggest last year?? :yeah:

whats your biggest tope this year?? :P:P

seriously though, i feel more confident with the sounder switched off and in the infamous words of tesco "every little helps"

WalkingPinhead.gif