new to site thought i would say hello

Pongo

hi all,

new to site and just thought i would say hello, i am 30 and live in chesterfield have been fishing since i was 9 i have recently joined a local match fishing club and have a match coming up on the river derwent at Borrowash as i have not fished a river in a long time could do with a little advice and any information on this stretch of river would be much appreitiated

Pongo

hi,i haven't fished it much latley but theres usually plenty of chub/perch ect to be had on a medium sized feeder plus theres some good stickfloat stretches but a lot will depend on water levels and weather

you could give the local tackleshop a quick ring for more upto date info

Derwent Tackle

2 Station Rd

Borrowash

Derbyshire DE72 3LG

Great Britain

01332-662379

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Beat me to it chav and hello

Hi Pongo, welcome to the Forum.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Welcome to AN Pongo, I don't know nothing about the River Derwent at Borowash but I once went to Chesterfield.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Nice crooked spire innit :lol: and i do recall a decent donut van on the sunday market/carboot some yrs ago

Edited by markp

Welome aboard mate :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Which section are you on at Borrowash? Who is the controlling club?

The river at Borrowash varies considerably depending on whether it is above or below the weir.

The target fish will also be very different. I fish regualrly in that area but could only advise if I know which section.