Looking after Neoprene waders

northsea

Hello all, how's the fishing going?

I have just purchased some nice chest waders and would like some info on how to look after them after use please?

Do I need to rinse them with fresh water after been out in the sea?

If I manage to get them dirty how should I wash them?

Also, are there any guidlines on storage and drying them out?

Any info on this subject veruy much appreciated indeed. ;)

Hello all, how's the fishing going?

I have just purchased some nice chest waders and would like some info on how to look after them after use please?

Do I need to rinse them with fresh water after been out in the sea?

If I manage to get them dirty how should I wash them?

Also, are there any guidlines on storage and drying them out?

Any info on this subject veruy much appreciated indeed. ;)

:D Hi, rinse them off in fresh water after use and hang up to dry. If soiled with mud or oil use a little detergent and a scrubbing brush to remove soiling, then rinse well with fresh water and hang up to dry. I hang mine in the utility room where the boiler is sited so it's always warm. :D

Don't leave them in a shed if you have mice. (I speak from bitter experience) <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Oh no! That aint good!

I'm going to need to think about how I'm going to go about rinsing the waders with fresh water before getting in the house as I have no access to a hose living in a flat. :o

Also I got to find a good nice free place to hang them up after they have dried. I'll maybe make some kind of hanger.

Thank you for the tips guys, If there are any more they would be most welcome. ;)

Oh no! That aint good!

I'm going to need to think about how I'm going to go about rinsing the waders with fresh water before getting in the house as I have no access to a hose living in a flat. :o

Also I got to find a good nice free place to hang them up after they have dried. I'll maybe make some kind of hanger.

Thank you for the tips guys, If there are any more they would be most welcome. ;)

Simple have a shower in them :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I just wash all the mud off at the venue and then hang them on the edge of a door at home. It's getting the insides dry that I'm bothered about, otherwise they start to stink, I don't think saltwater has any bad effect.

Seems, having done a bit more research on the subject, it seems saltwater is the arch enemy of neoprene and should always be rinsed with fresh water as soon as possible.

Along with corroding the material, salt water introduces bacteria which makes is smell rotten. :yucky:

Seems, having done a bit more research on the subject, it seems saltwater is the arch enemy of neoprene and should always be rinsed with fresh water as soon as possible.

Along with corroding the material, salt water introduces bacteria which makes is smell rotten. :yucky:

:D Correct. When I used to dive I had neoprene wet suits and it was important to wash them after use or they would smell and rot. :lol::lol: