How many ways are there to junk your underperforming right midfielder and captain?

Tony U

Well I watched what I think will be the game of the tournament last night, Argentina Vs Mexico.

Thats what International football is all about, stylish and skillfull with players who can run tackle and control the ball, not to mention their passing and ball distribution skills

Totally agree - superb game.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England has (to my very untutored eyes) some good players but Beckham was the only NAME I knew when the championships started. I kept waiting to be impressed with his play and at this point, am still waiting. The feed Den mentioned was about the only bright spot and a star player has to have more than that.

Newt there's something about top level football that seems to allow great players to have their 'swansong' when, in reality, they're well past their best. Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane spring to mind, maybe Figo .. they've all been stellar in their time but probably wouldn't make their national teams if football performance was measurable, like golf or athletics. Maybe it comes down to weak management.

( and if my weather forecasting is anything to go by, Becks will now play like a megastar and lead England to glorious victory)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Newt, you mustn't expect players to score every few minutes :) If Beckham only makes one or two telling passes each game (and they result in goals) then he has done his job.

There is another side to him that you may not have seen though...it is when he takes the game by the scruff of the neck and inspires the other players to win

Lampard is the one to watch I think.. he has been Soooooooo close to scoring at least 7 goals............ C'Mon England...

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Thats why I make a point of not watching England and have'nt for about 8 years

So, how come you go on to comment on, and criticise, their performance?

Methinks you're an R. Whites Secret England Supporter...... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Lampard is the one to watch I think.. he has been Soooooooo close to scoring at least 7 goals............ C'Mon England...

On the other hand Den, you might say that since he's missed so many sitting targets that a kid on Hackney Marshes on sunday morning would have put away, he's underperformed badly enough to be dropped.

The only player that has really impressed me is John Terry.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Why?

Because the "slating" was against Beckham, the fella who just scored even though he's ill, and got England through to the next round of the World Cup.

World class team, that a different subject, this one was about Beckham.

I'm outa here, tin hat on my head. I'm just glad I still have some national pride in me.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Told you so Newt (and anyone else :) ) He (note capital) only neeeds to do it once or twice each game :) :) :)

C'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOon England

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic