brolly/shelter/bivvy

*Ant*

Just found them for sale here - http://www.englandangling.co.uk/displayPro...dCode=J0700_050

Just how easy are these type of shelter to errect, are they as practical as an oval type brolly?

I've noticed that in the publicity pics of the JRC Dave Lane shelter that they seem a bit low, Dave Lane isn't the tallest of chaps yet doesn't seem to have much headroom. :huh:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Ant,I have a Dave Lane STi Brolly,and as yet cant fault it.

The height is governed by the tensioning strap.This has 3 settings.The narrower you have it set the higher the roof.Im 6' yet can sit under mine to fish on the middle strap position without it being a problem.At this setting there is still enough width to put in my Fox Bivvy Bed which is quite large.

In fact the main reason I decided to get one (after using Andrews at Wingham) was the fact that it was a brolly/shelter/bivvy that you could actually "fish from" as opposed to being set up back from the rods.

First time Ive seen a bit of kit in years that Ive "had to have". It goes up really quickly in a variety of different configurations.You can get a second "Winter skin" for it which converts it in to a full blown bivvy with front and doors etc.Ive not bothered as for summer use (even in really bad rain/wind) Ive found the basic brolly with its built in storm sides more than enough.

Ive not had it long enough to know how its going to last but Im more than pleased with it.The speed of erection,versatility of size/shape configurations and the fact you can actually fish from it makes it a winner for me.

Also folds up narrow enough to fit in any sling that will take a standard brolly.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I've been looking at these new types of shelter from the various tackle companies, but havn't seen these advertised anywhere. Has anyone seen one or read a review as it looks quite a bargain?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

I wouldn't bother getting it because the firm which is selling have got a poor reputation as there is 252 negative feedback in the last 12 months!

Agreed with Budgie as I got the Dave Lane STI Brolly as well and you cannot fault it. You might pick one up on ebay for around £60+ , where the recommended retail price of £140 but you can get one for around £100 in the tackle shops.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I wouldn't bother getting it because the firm which is selling have got a poor reputation as there is 252 negative feedback in the last 12 months!

The only thing there Andrew is that those 252 Neg feedbacks are from a total of 17000+ sells , so the shop still has a rating of over 98%......

And anyway, if you want to sit in it and fish, a very rare attribute in this carp orientated age, a 'Beach Buddy', or similar, is pretty darn useful.

Be a man, get wet!

See:

http://www.fishing-angling-tackle.com/modu...ontent&id=2

Edited by Peter Waller

Ant,I have a Dave Lane STi Brolly,and as yet cant fault it.

The height is governed by the tensioning strap.This has 3 settings.The narrower you have it set the higher the roof.Im 6' yet can sit under mine to fish on the middle strap position without it being a problem.At this setting there is still enough width to put in my Fox Bivvy Bed which is quite large.

In fact the main reason I decided to get one (after using Andrews at Wingham) was the fact that it was a brolly/shelter/bivvy that you could actually "fish from" as opposed to being set up back from the rods.

First time Ive seen a bit of kit in years that Ive "had to have". It goes up really quickly in a variety of different configurations.You can get a second "Winter skin" for it which converts it in to a full blown bivvy with front and doors etc.Ive not bothered as for summer use (even in really bad rain/wind) Ive found the basic brolly with its built in storm sides more than enough.

Ive not had it long enough to know how its going to last but Im more than pleased with it.The speed of erection,versatility of size/shape configurations and the fact you can actually fish from it makes it a winner for me.

Also folds up narrow enough to fit in any sling that will take a standard brolly.

I've got one too, superb bit-a-kit, can't fault it other than "crappy" groundsheet.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Agreed with Budgie as I got the Dave Lane STI Brolly as well and you cannot fault it. You might pick one up on ebay for around £60+ , where the recommended retail price of £140 but you can get one for around £100 in the tackle shops.

There is a thread on carpforum.co.uk clasifieds about this guy, might pay you to read it, as a lot have been having problems with them getting the gear they have paid for.

There is a thread on carpforum.co.uk clasifieds about this guy, might pay you to read it, as a lot have been having problems with them getting the gear they have paid for.

By the way it's under the heading of "Dodgy seller on Ebay" in the classifieds