Flies for carp

Snatcher

Just had a request to tie a couple up to target carp. Anything except dog biscuit imatations was the request. Any suggestions as to hook sizes and patterns would be appreciated. :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi Snatcher.

Egg fly :thumbs:

Mate hooked a few whilst we were away last week.owner of the trout fishery had some carp in a pool and allowed us to have a crack at em------they certainly work-ok a little like dog biccy's,except they sink slowly

Edited by chuby

Just had a request to tie a couple up to target carp. Anything except dog biscuit imatations was the request. Any suggestions as to hook sizes and patterns would be appreciated. :)

Skinny buzzers.(epoxy), hares-ear, ptn....any corixa nymph pattern in fact they all work for Carp Tench Bream Rudd etc....perch &trout too :blink:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Skinny buzzers.(epoxy), hares-ear, ptn....any corixa nymph pattern in fact they all work for Carp Tench Bream Rudd etc....perch &trout too :blink:

Cheers team :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Good article in this months ffft magazine about fly fishing for carp. The fly used to good success was a size 16 red bloodworm with a very small red marabou tail. The idea being the fly is very light and simply cast and allowed to swing naturally in the wash. He used 3 flies on a very short 5 foot leader and struck at any movement .

Richard

Good article in this months ffft magazine about fly fishing for carp. The fly used to good success was a size 16 red bloodworm with a very small red marabou tail. The idea being the fly is very light and simply cast and allowed to swing naturally in the wash. He used 3 flies on a very short 5 foot leader and struck at any movement .

Richard

Cheers Richard,see you in the Clash Sat night then :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Richard

Another good bloodworm pattern is the flexi floss bloodworm and on the surface a big sedge pattern is great for late summer and autumn fishing.

I used to catch big carp regularly at one lake on a pearl thorax PTN late June and July as the fish chased pin head fry in the margins post spawning. I've never experienced this elsewhere though!

I've been doing well on the Chernobyll Ants. Cast at cruising fish. Slow sinking egg flies are also worth a look. I had some interest in a large wooly bigger too, fished in a very slow twitchy manner so it kicked up puffs of silt. Fish would follow for ages, but I struggled to get a take.

Paul Singleton

Spoilt for chice now,please stop it :lol::lol::lol:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Spoilt for chice now,please stop it :lol::lol::lol:

:) Fellow AN member Robeano and myself spent a great few hours today over at Thorpe Lea with the fly rod, I managed to try a few new things, catching on a red bead buzzer, an egg fly suspended under a pimp, I even had them follow a large nymph but they refused it many times. I managed a fish on a size 6 chernoble ant, though I think the fly actually mugged the carp :) I'm pretty sure I could have caught them on a bare hook today :) We must have caught over 20 fish between us all between 9 and 17lb in 4 hours. Great fun. Many of the fish looked bigger but were well spawned out. The take on the suspended egg fly was one of the most explosive I've ever had, it nearly ripped the rod out of my hand.

I managed to capture Robin taking a scraper double on video.

http://www.singy.com/fly/carp%20on%20the%20fly.wmv

Ah, the sweet song of antique fly tackle straining under countless carp. :)

Edited by singy

Paul Singleton