Camo

lutra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if your fishing at close range eg stalking chub or barbel on your local river it probably pays to wear something drab and ghost into your suroundings. But i really dont see the point of going to the extremes that some of the carp boys do nowadays. Head to toe in realtree and the like. I think noise pays a bigger factor when fishing than being seen. Slow delibertate movement and stealth is all you need. No need to dress like a SAS sniper

And while we are on the subject. Whats the point of a camo baiting needle? One of my friends gave me one and i dropped it whilst chubbing last winter and it took me all day to find it

A camo baiting needle....you are joking aren't you?

Beards for the win when it comes to winter fishing

Edited by Neil G

DON'T GROW A BEARD!!! (there are enough of us around :D:D )

Seriously though, as long as you are not dressed to stand out, moving as little as you can in your swim and keeping QUIET will keep the fish from being scared away. Remember that noise is amplified in water, so dont put earphones on and listen to music that gets your foot tapping, as that sounds like a bass drum under water!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I'm off for 3 nights' bream fishing in a few days - the beard is ready, there's no way I can fail :D

If I ever catch a record fish, I'll shave off the beard and mount it in a glass case and put it on the mantlepiece.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm off for 3 nights' bream fishing in a few days - the beard is ready, there's no way I can fail :D

If I ever catch a record fish, I'll shave off the beard and mount it in a glass case and put it on the mantlepiece.

Good Luck with the bream Andrew, but there's no need to grow the beard.

I've heard that they have become so popular that one manufacturer is making a 'stick on' one especially for anglers, (it would enable women anglers to compete on equal terms to their male counterparts).

They will come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours. There's even a rumour of a 'Realchin' pattern, complete with acne and shaving rash. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John