This Saturday at Christchurch Ledge

richi

Steady! :boxing::D

Still think a plan B is a good idea. A specially watching the tree in the garden at the moment. (Windy)

we can see what the weather is like in the morning and discuss it at the little chef :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs:

May need to pick bait up on the way unless you have any. CU at 9

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Have fun chaps wish I could be there, aaahhhh childrens parties :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

SM

IN the words of my 15 year old "I wish I could swop with you....................Not! Gutted, Whatever" :P

Shes OK really :)

Richi.

You would do well to listen to Zzippy and Darnsarf, by the sounds of the venue a plan B is a great idea.

Dont let your Tope sucsess go to your head and start maring your judgement, and certainly dont start over estimating your abilities.

Taking chances will end in tears , proberbly your familys.

I note your Southern Softie / Mother ship comments.........very good Richi.

Stay safe.

Bill.

If the weather is anything like last night I'd stay away from the Ledge today. Was very windy in the Solent with winds force 5-6 with a late prediction probably taking quite a few boaters by surprise. I overheard two Maydays to the Solent coastguard. We were ok fishing in a sheltered spot a few hundred yards off the shore.

After the other week I'll probably fish the ledge only on neaps - I dropped a 5 ounce lead down and it went flying horizontally!

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

We had a good day in the end the hardest part was finding a launch and car parking spot. Wind was blowing easterly 12 -20 knots so the swell was at about 5ft at its worst. But well within our paddling abilities. It was good mixing it with the charter boys and from what I saw and heard on the VHF we probably out fished them. LIke you ZZippy heard a fair number of Maydays today Thankfully all had happy endings.

FIsh of the day went Richi who landed (nearly LOL ) a large Bream. Rest of the bag included Gars, Bass, Mackies, Gurnard and further Bream. Not bad for an easterly. We did hear that one of the charters caught a smoothound but that was about it.

Richi.

You would do well to listen to Zzippy and Darnsarf, by the sounds of the venue a plan B is a great idea.

Nobody knows the venue like me.I fish it almost every weekend,did it in a Caper all last year

Dont let your Tope sucsess go to your head and start maring your judgement, and certainly dont start over estimating your abilities.

My abilities have got nothing to do with Tope but a lot to do with the time I spent on the Barrington river in Australia as a whitewater guide Taking chances will end in tears , proberbly your familys.

I don't take chances-I assess the risk -I have been to the mark and had to turn round and go home just like everybody else

Bill.

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Morning Richi.

Rivers have sides, banks, and normaly flow one way.

A river is mostly predictable, and dosnt change its mood or energy levels that quickly.

The difference is, the sea dosnt have sides, and her moods CAN change very quickly.

From your prvious post, it appeared you were scoffing the advice of the others, and making snide comments along the way, Southern softies and mother ship. ( Not nice )

I started this forum, and hoped that it would be a friendly place to share our sport with others.

Made over 3000 posts, and have done nothing but try and help people, including you.

I know I keep on and on about the safety issues and because of that can be a bore.

Its well intended and not meant to offend.

So my mother ship comments were well meant.

What would be nice is for people to think of others......not just themselves.

Some of the stuff posted on here is pure bragging and bravado, like paddling in 20 knot winds and 5ft swells,

How rough will your Yak go, etc.

There are new people joining this forum all the time looking at these posts, so lets have more reports on fishing and a little less of the Superman stories.

Now lets all kiss and make up, and get on with the sport we love.