This Saturday at Christchurch Ledge

richi

looks like Southbourne would be the better launch option for Saturday if the wind direction is going to be NE, looks like we may be launching with you Zzippy if you're still up for it

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like Southbourne would be the better launch option for Saturday if the wind direction is going to be NE, looks like we may be launching with you Zzippy if you're still up for it

Hiya Richi.

I am fishing Friday night Probably till about 2 or 3am.So If I go on Satarday it wont be an early start for me.

If you Launch from Southbourne,Just drive up the coast road(From Double Dykes) past the White cafe at the end of the prom.There is free parking all day on the side of the road.Then just load your Yak on the trolly and head back towards the cafe.You will see the Gate going down the ramp.Go down that and turn left.Walk about 200 yards to the end of the prom and down the ramp to the beach.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

thanks Zzippy, we'll be a mile and a half directly in front of the groyne--hope to see you there---good luck with the smoothies! :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Richi

All systems are go. Give me some timings and meeting platz. ZZippy be great to meet if you can make it.

Is Phooey still up for it?

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Richi

All systems are go. Give me some timings and meeting platz. ZZippy be great to meet if you can make it.

You bet he is mate--we want to launch at 1030am can meet at little chef on A31 at 9am if you like,I've launched before from Southbourne at the place Zzippy mentioned---got the rubby dubby situation under control! :crazy: looking forward to a good laugh mate

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

9am it is then. Heres the challenge for you newly qualified Tope experts. Help me come up with a float rig that might catch the critters. Ill bring the gear. But no balloons. :P

Richi

I will try to get there.Speciman and I fished there a few weeks back on a spring tide and an easterly wind.It was a bit rough to say the least.We fished about 2 to 3 miles out off the Grouyne.There were a few charter boats bass fishing out there with live mackeral.We managed to hook up to a pot bouy,but after about 10 mins we cut loose.It was a bit dodgey plus I was feeling sea sick :oops: It certainly gets rough on the far side of the ledge.

zzippy2.gif

Cheers for that sounds like we may need a plan B Richi. Just in case.

Cheers for that sounds like we may need a plan B Richi. Just in case.

plan B---you're turning into a Southern softie,it'll be a mother ship next!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Steady! :boxing::D

Still think a plan B is a good idea. A specially watching the tree in the garden at the moment. (Windy)