Fishing Western Australian Style

Stax

G'day guys.

Stax calling form Perth Western Australia. Formaly from Plymouth and having fished many many times out in a boat from there and plenty of times from various rocky out crops in Cornwall, I thought I would share with you the fishing we do here in Western Australia.

We fish from the top of this cliff.

85metre9hb.jpg

Here's John and he is actually fishing

100metrecliff6at.jpg

101b1to.jpg

This is a Narrowbanded Spanish Mackeral caught from the rocks, its only about 6 metres up from here.

copyofstaxfish16tw.jpg

John again with a Snapper (closly related to the Red Bream, but bigger)

johncloseup9rq.gif

This is a favourite spot for fish to get you to sit as they try and make there way out to sea.

nofear1sl.jpg

If this post works Ok, I'll post some more pictures

Stax

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onya mate. Looks like Quabba, Point Cloates area and The Caves. Some monster spanos and snapper from the suds, hey?

Good to see another Australian joining in. :thumbs:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Is it Port Douglas - East coast - where they also fish for Black Marlin from the rocks?

It is Steep Point, the western most part of mainland Australia.

Sailfish and Marlin have been caught from the rocks here. Plenty of Sailfish, 10-20 per year hooked up, Marlin not so much but they have been caught with more hooked and lost.

The front Spanish Mackeral is hooked and the rear one just following.

2spanishuh8.jpg

This is a Samson fish, so named because of its fighting prowess. And thats me!

sambo0cl.jpg

Heres a better view of John struggling to keep control of a 40lb plus Spanish Mackeral

johnfish118bt.jpg

Some more of the fish infested coastline

coastline2sz0.jpg

The agility of a mountain goat is required to get here, but we'll get there on our next trip.

platformra8.jpg

And my most famous and favourite picture, its appeared in numerous mags and on National Geo's website and has been downloaded from our website over 25,000 times.

These whales were only 10 feet from the rocks and I could have easily jumped on its back. Its a Humpback and her calf.

whalesjb6.jpg

See you again soon

Stax

Ah yes, the memories.... back in the seventies I spent time fishing beaches and rocks in the Denmark/Albany region of the south-west. Great sport with the Trevally - and very good eating too. Lots of people get killed rock fishing in Oz, and I used to always rope up when fishing off the rocks - I had a couple of big frights with unexpected oversize waves looming up out of the ocean.

I envy anyone who gets to fish there now!

Excellent post and pictures - cheers :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy