Tought I'd introduce myself

Poacher

Hi,

I would just like to Introduce myself. I'm 24 years old from Fife in Scotland and I've been fishing for Pike for around 5 years with my PB weighing in at 18LB. I usually fish Loch Awe, Lomond, Arkaig and a few small waters here in Fife.

Anyone other Scottish Pikers here?

Welcome to AN Poacher.Dont live up your way myself but Ive fished all of the waters you mention quite a bit.Several lads from up your way look in here so I shouldnt imagine it will be long before they introduce them selves.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Welcome to AN poacher. I live quite a bit south and way west of Budgie.

We do have a fair number of anglers from up nawth on here though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hey poacher

welcome to AN,

i'm a predator fan too,looking forward to winter already! but up in scotland you guys fish for them all year?-nothing wrong with that its a lot cooler than down south aye!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Hi Poacher, welcome to AN. I came up a couple of years ago and fished/camped Lomand. Next time I come up maybe you can point me to wear I might find some pike. :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi Poacher, welcome to AN. I came up a couple of years ago and fished/camped Lomand. Next time I come up maybe you can point me to wear I might find some pike. :)

lyn

lol yeah if only...

I'd be glad to pass my knowledge on have you got a spare 2.5 minutes?

Good reply Poacher :D

Welcome to AnglersNet, I can already see you're going to fit in well ;)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Hi Poacher and welcome to the Forum.

I live in Kent but have fished Lomond, mainly on 3 great holidays when we've hired a cabin cruiser from Inverbeg. Shame they're no longer available, or are they.....?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi Poacher.

I'm up at Loch Lochy for a couple of weeks in September (3rd Honeymoon.) I'll be fishing the Great Glen with lures, and Lochy(in the garden) with fly, lures and deadbait. I love the place.

I can imagine though, that if you actually live up there, you may feel at times that you miss out on other species. Why not consider coming down south for a bit of Grayling, or to try a river which holds all sorts of surprises?

Steve, I've fished Inverbeg a number of times with success. I fish off the bank. I suppose I've been lucky. But what I've tried to do, is fish each area, as if it's a smaller water. What I mean is, fish on the Leeward side (upwind) if possible, if not, fish a popped-up bait in deeper water.

Some pike hang around a lot of areas, even though a lot of them (and the anglers) follow the wind. Do you know Inverbeg Holiday Park? Quite shallow out in front, with a very deep underwater cliff a bit further out. A blinding spot, even when the wind is blowing away from you. Saves having to spend valuable fishing time, trying to find a boat.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

I've never fished off the bank at Inverbeg - it was purely where we picked the boat each time. We fished all over the loch - mostly at the southern end including Balmaha, the Endrick Bank and Portnellon. Great times!

The only bank fishing for pike I've done on Lomond has been at the mouth of the Fruin and the bay just to the south near Arden, both of which produced pike, whilst I blanked at Ardlui. These were short sessions on business trips further north. I've also had a few hours after perch from Balmaha pier whilst on a family holiday.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net