Wingham Fish-In 2015

Steve Burke

• 2 months later...

Only 5 weeks tomorrow until this year's Fish-In! Don't forget it's early this year, Sat April 25th to Mon Apr 27th.

Wingham hasn't woken up yet but should do so with the next spell of warmer weather. Wake up time is usually as soon as the "bottom starts coming up", i.e. dead weed floats to the surface. This is caused by gas under the dead weed expanding with the rise in temperature and usually happens when the surface water temperature hits 9C. It did so for a few hours last week, then the cold NE winds dropped the water temperature again - it was only 7.9C today.

I'm not taking bookings yet but look out for an announcement soon after Easter.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I start a new job on Monday and one of the first things I'll be requesting is this weekend as a holiday. Just hope We get a place again this year.

Effort equals reward!!

I think I've blanked at the last 3 fish-ins I've been to, so if I get a spot this year the aim will be a simple one - catch a fish :)

(Not an eel ;) )

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If I get a place, I will have to leave at 10 or 11 am on Monday to go and co-host a seminar in London in the afternoon. So I bet it fishes its head off Monday morning.

• Like 1

Managed to get out the weekend to see if the tench were awake on my local estate lake. Managed 6 small ones around 2-3lb and then struck gold with a cracking 5lb 8oz fish which is a good fish for this lake and was in winter condition so lots of filling out to do. Would love to catch this fish again in June as I'm yet to break the 6lb mark on this lake and I've been fishing it seriously for the last few seasons.

Anyway it's got me in the mood for tench now. Hey Steve, has Wingham started to wake up yet?

Effort equals reward!!

I have the perch bug at the moment, so if I get a spot I'll be fishing for the big perch - now the fish-in is earlier in the year, there's a good chance some very big perch could show...

Plus tench and bream have been known to scoff a few worms ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've not been able to get going on the perch this year. My favourite perch lake, where I've had them to over 4 in the past, is still closed due to wet ground and won't be open until next month by which point I'll be living down sarf so will have missed my chance. Had the carp bug through the winter but now I've hit my 2015 target of a thirty I'll now be concentrating on breaking the 9lb tench barrier. Wingham has been good to me in the past so they will be my target once again. I always come to the fish-in armed with worms though......just incase I'm blanking and have to play with the eels to make sure my alarms work ?

Effort equals reward!!