Prowler Elite 4.5

Alun

I got my Prowler 15 a few weeks ago, and it came without the seat or paddle clips that supposedly come as standard. I went back to the shop (Boardtalk in Lowestoft, the manager having gone and collected it for me same day and dropped it at my house, THAT is service!) who contacted Johnsons. Sorted out there and then, so thanks to both companies from me. I haven't picked up the bits yet, but that's not their fault. I just followed the normal procedure of checking what's arrived and what should have arrived (not that I'm saying that's relevant to the 4.5 issue, haven't a clue).

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew from Johnsonoutdoors reply to the captains comments had not appeared when i made my intial comments and as i have yet to see the email he has sent to my friend i shall reserve my further opinions until i do. i may have been hasty with my initial judgements, we shall see.

The e-mail has arrived from Andrew at Johnsons who i will be talking to later today. When we went to WMCC to find out about these kayaks our supplier was given (by Andrew who was in his office on a Saturday) 2 prices standard and fish finder ready, we chose fish finder ready and this we decided to purchase. On the 10/07/2006 I spoke to Andrew at Johnsons regarding the models of fish finder available for the Elite 4.5. I also spoke to the kayak designer, Tony, who was over from New Zealand at the time. At now time was I told I would need to get extra bits. The teaser information that had been posted all over the internet showed fish finder ready versions with mounting brackets ect. Lets hope we can resolve this today so we can get to the point of giving glowing reports on a product that could be at the leading edge of this fast growing sport. It may well be worth Johnsons sorting out a U.K. website giving us detail of the U.K products.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Do I understand that I'm going to have to shell out again for mounting brackets etc to mount a fish finder, what kind of money are you talking Cap'n

That I'm waiting to find out. I have called Andrew at Johnsons but he is in a meeting. According to his email which recieved after my initial post there is a shipment of bits required to make the Elite 4.5 fish finder ready coming over by air and due to land next week. When i find out more I'll let you know

I'm going to look at one over the weekend, but now I'm confused! Is there two UK models i.e. the basic model and the fishfinder model or is there also a 3rd one which is the angler model - if so whats the difference? Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks

Karl

Have just spoken to Andrew at Johnsons. All the bits are being flown from New Zealand so we should be able to get everything fitted and working by the end of next week. Happy now. So I can now spend this weekend falling out of the kayak and trying to get back into it, then go on fishy trip next weekend with all the bit fitted and working. There will be 2 U.K. versions available, 1 with fish finder and bits and 1 without but the bits will be available to retro fit the fish finder.

After speaking to the captain it now appears that Andrew from Johnson Outdoors has sorted out all our problems,well done that man you have restored my faith in humanity. :thumbs:

Its is nice to finally deal with 2 companies (WMCC & Johnson Outdoors)that take the idea of aftersales and looking after their customers seriously unlike most other modern companies.