Prowler Elite 4.5

Alun

Andrew at Johnson Outdoors is an outstanding ambassadour for Johnson Outdoors, he was the first of the UK Distributors to recognise the sport... the others are all just starting to wake up.

If you have problem and don't get the answer you want from your dealer, give him a call he will always sort the problem without any fuss.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
From what i understand the price at the moment is about £70. I am also lead to beleve there will be pricing changes later in the year and with a rough guess it will be upwards.

Can you clarify were we are up to with this as I am thinking of ordering a 4.5.

Are the prices

£529 for the standard Elite ?

£599 for the Elite Fish Finder ready? ( including everything to fit the Humminbird)

or

£599 for the Elite Fish Finder ready + extra expense for FF mounting bracket, Cables, Battery, Rod holder etc ?

Can someone post what is included in each package and the range and cost of the extras for the UK Elite 4.5?

Cheers

Chris

After all the confusion that has gone on over the pricing structure and what is available I suggest that the safest thing to do for anybody wanting to know more is to contact Andrew at Johnson Outdoors either themselves or via their local dealer.He has been very helpful so far in our dealings with him.

I am lead to believe however that he is out of the country this week so you may have to speak to one of the other staff members this week if your in a rush.

just wandering if any of you who bought this yak would do a bit of a report on here ,handling, stability and all that stuff ,go on you know you what to!!!

I picked mine up today...a nice bright great white attracting yellow one :)

As soon as this weather gets a bit better I'll give it a try and report back.

:)

nice one will look forward to it

great another great white fishing lure , i can see jersey being the mecca for great white fishing soon

:huh::boat:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Well folks, I have been out in some serious water with the Elite now - both in Ireland and in Wales, and then let John Morgan have a go as his first ever trip on a kayak - within an hour he was paddling out through the 2 metre swells breaking onto the reef on the end of the Gower. OK he wasn't in the breaking bit, but as it was getting dark I got him to follow me out into the edge of the curlers.

The Elite has the same cockpit dimensions as the P13 - 72cm beam at the seat. The Elite falls between the 13 and 15 in length BUT, the entry at the bow is very much finer than on the 13 or the 15 and it is a difficult bit of moulding to make such a narrow entry in rotomoulding.

The bow cuts through nicely and rides over swells/waves better than the P13 but does slap a bit once over the top. It is also has some extra drag from the fishfinder TX mounting in the bottom of the hull. I have yet to fit the fishfinder on the water, but once in the rubber boot it sits very much more streamlined and I can see that the drag will be greatly reduced by having the TX mounted as opposed to an open aperture which the water founts up into - which is where most of this extra drag is coming from.

The footwell scupper holes are also larger diameter than on the early Prolwer 13s and they create some extra drag - but the water drains very quickly. You can't have it both ways.

Paddling is fine - she turns easily, despite her extra length, provided you don't cut corners! (Yes, that was meant.) Use the full potential of your paddle strokes - forward and stern sweeps will have her spinning on the spot. In the wind the bow did catch it and it was hard work paddling into a stiff breeze - the lower profile kayaks will always score heavily in this area because there is so much less windage.

Seat - same as the Prowler 13. I think the cargo well is slightly larger - but I haven't measured it, yet.

The Elite is heavier than the P13 and about the same weight as the P15 - so manageable and I can put her on/off the roof solo happily.

I am off to Windermere on Thursday to have a go for the pike and anything else I might find - I will rig the Fish finder and report back as to how much difference having the Tx and boot fitted makes to paddling - i expect it to be significant because it is smooting the water flow over the keel - where any drag is felt the most.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo