first paddle solent

mikeb

thank you speciman, i will give it ago somewhere!!! more interested in the smoothound tho wouldnt say no to a big bass! think ill prob dig my bait then launch from lepe at low tide and fish the flood.ill let u know how i get on!

Hiya Mike and welcome to the Forum.

I might fish Lepe myself tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.I will give Speciman a ring later to see if he is up for it.

zzippy2.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zzippy might see you out there. Ill be launchng from Keyhaven about 4ish and paddling up to the Pennington marshes outfall and try around there.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Zzippy might see you out there. Ill be launchng from Keyhaven about 4ish and paddling up to the Pennington marshes outfall and try around there.
We could even launch from there:)

I will order some bait later.If you look from the pipe towards the shore at Pennington You will see an island.If you fish between that and the shore you should get smooth hounds.

zzippy2.gif

Lepe Bouy is a good mark as it sits right on the ledge, launching from calshot go out to calshot spit bouy (I remember it as a lightship :blink: ) and look at the water, you will see the disturbance which marks the ledge, keep your eye open here for petrol burners, I've had them near knock me off a 26ft boat so keep yourself alert anywhere around lepe, calshot and have fun :thumbs:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

We could even launch from there:)

I will order some bait later.If you look from the pipe towards the shore at Pennington You will see an island.If you fish between that and the shore you should get smooth hounds.

Just got back from Poingdestres. No rag or crab! So will try that mark with just squid and sandeel see what I can rustle up. But sneaky feeling I might struggle. Still, better than sitting at home and just looking at the yak. :P

Darnsarf you got me confused are you fishing today or tomorrow? Zzippys heading out tomorrow - I'll probably join him launching from Lepe.

Sorry for confusion. Im just leaving now. So wont see you afterall :(

Will let you know how I get on. Might even save you some smoothound :P

Nearly left without the bait :oops: Typical :lol:

if people are struggling 4 bait it is really easy to dig rag at lepe if u have never tried it before, an hour will easily get enough for a good few sessions. just use a fork, the thicker the tines the better but any will be ok. ill b there from an hour b4 low water so if any1 is around and sees a kayak come and say hello!! darnsarf if u read this b4 tomoz i would be really interested to hear what u caught and whereabouts u went!

[admin note: please stay with English rathre than the txt talk sort of speech.

Thanks. Newt]

2007, bass, pout, silver eel

MIkeB

Fished along the shore from Lymington entrance to Keyhaven.

Not a dicky bird. Even the Terns weren't interested.

Can't think why maybe the tide was just a tad early. Didn't help not having any rag. Have dug them from Lepe before just to lazy today and no fish was the result. Other boats were out and they blanked as well. :2::thumbdown:

Great paddle though, cracking sunset. The funny thing was that on the way back into keyhaven you couldn't move for schoolies jumping, just in front of the slipway! :g::P

Thats a shame Darnsarf. When I fish that area I tend to launch from the cutbridge behind the shingle bank. As its a private slipway at Keyhaven do you have to pay to launch there; is there a public one there too?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow