Air Rifle

Dan

Guest Ferret1959
A gun shop is only any good if it has a range or somewhere safe to fire said gun and check it - and to work out the muzzle energy you need to weigh each pellet on very accurate scales. To be honest don't worry about it. The advertising blurb says 11-12 ft/lb so it's highly unlikely to be above that. You are also extremely unlikely to ever get it checked by the police unless you actually commit a crime with it. I have a chrono at home which I have used to check out my air pistols but for consistency and optimal power since the guns have a simple screw adjustment to increase or decrease the power.

Rob.

Mine is a good well established shop who I rate very highly. :D

I use a combro cb-625 chrono, they only cost £35 and the after sales service is excellent. Shops dont need a range to chrono an air rifle, just the equipment and a backstop.

www.airgunbbs.com is worth a look. Theres a couple of them lurking here, including a famous one with a bottom problem :wheelchair:

I use a combro cb-625 chrono, they only cost £35 and the after sales service is excellent. Shops dont need a range to chrono an air rifle, just the equipment and a backstop.

www.airgunbbs.com is worth a look. Theres a couple of them lurking here, including a famous one with a bottom problem :wheelchair:

I did say a range or somewhere safe. I have had airgun pellets can come back at me (and still sting) from 25M with a target pistol which is nearer 4ft/lb so a 12ft/lb rifle is much more powerful and dangerous. Like I say a chrono on it's own will not tell you the power only the velocity - you need to know the weight of the pellets as well.

I would advocate going into your local shooting range and asking there - most will have a chrono - if of course you really want to check out the power. It is unlikely that a low end gun is overpowered they usually over exaggerate the power in teh advertisments.

Rob.

Cheers guys, very helpful. Will do some research about trigger pressure.

Off on me hols now see you in a week!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Oi, young flibb - we'll have less of the 'old chap in wheelchair' smileys, thanks very much. :P

No respec', these kiddies! ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Don't take it to a shop to get chrono'd, if it's over the limit and you don't have an fac you won't get it back, i'm sure its against the law as they will be giving you a gun (although your own) over the power limit, and they have to notify the police, or did i dream all that up, it's starting to get hard telling the difference between real and bull these days :rolleyes:

Airgun bbs, been lurking there for ages and signed up a couple of weeks ago, tonight downtime is really dragging though :unsure:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Don't take it to a shop to get chrono'd, if it's over the limit and you don't have an fac you won't get it back,

Better by far to have the gunshop sort any over-power issues than to retain a possible firearm without a license, surely?

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.