Collingham on Trent

Barbus10

I’m hoping to have my first ever session on the tidal Trent at Collingham this weekend but want to avoid the crowds up by the weir. I’ve heard there’s a second entrance taking you to the downstream part of the fishery but as I’m going to be arriving in the dark I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to provide directions for this entrance?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I’m hoping to have my first ever session on the tidal Trent at Collingham this weekend but want to avoid the crowds up by the weir. I’ve heard there’s a second entrance taking you to the downstream part of the fishery but as I’m going to be arriving in the dark I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to provide directions for this entrance?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

You might find some useful info' and phone numbers here,

http://www.total-fishing.com/FisheriesView...72661F5094F02BD

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Follow this link http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...p;multimap.y=47

and look Ferry Lane that leads west from Low Street. There is a red post box by the end of the lane, almost opposite the church. When going down the lane, ignore the first right turning, a few hundred yards in, and you should be okay. The first proper access is just before you get to the houses that are on the riverbank at the start of the big loop. You might be able to get a sat-nav to find Ferry Lane, but if not, it will certainly find Low Street.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Dave,try looking on-

http://www.fishingmagic.com

and doing a search for Lee Swords articles on "Carbelling" its basicly fishing for barbel carp style,not everyones cup of tea maybe but very sucsessfull.Most of it is based on fishing at Collingham. Try looking at the thread "Lee Swords Second Trent Massive" this relates to a recent fish in there and gives some good tips for fishing this tidal stretch.Sorry I cant put links up to the articles as they are on my main PC and thats down!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I agree Stewart, it's far from ideal. However, as I get to go all too rarely I'm going to take the chance of a session. Should be there about 21:00 'ish now so hopefully I will be able to see what I need to given that I am familiar with fishing the tidal (a bit lower down though).

Cheers

Dave