Shimano Hyperloop 390 £22.49 - Argos

Hewey

In theory the Catana as it is more expensive, but I suspect their is little to choose between the two. They are both good value float rods.

Personally I would keep the catana

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give you an update.

Managed to use the Hyperloop "in anger" this weekend, had a couple of Carp rods out, but noticed a few coming up for the odd dog buscuit I was throwing in.

Set the Hyperloop up 6lb line, a controller float and stuck a No.8 with a dog buscuit on and cast it out.

8 Carp later time to go home. Smallest 7lb, biggest just under 12lb, really surprised how well the rod stood up to the challenge.

When I first used it on much smaller fish the other week I really thought it would struggle on anything bigger, I shouldn't have worried, it performed well beyond my expectations.

Great all round rod, especially at that price.

Doubt anyone that managed to get one will be dissapointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to come across one yesterday, but I didn't need it, so of course I bought it. I was on my way to fishing anyway, so I tried it out. Have to say I am shocked at the action and quality for the price. It's light, plays fish well (had a few Hybrids to about 2lb), and feels "right". Will do as a standby, or fishing a different line. I would have been pleased with it at full price, but at under £23, it's definitely the bargain of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,new to the forum.I have not been float fishing for over 20 years(I'm a lure angler,Pike,Chub,Perch)and have bought myself one of these rods(and a very nice rod it is,regardless of price) as i would really like to try my hand at trotting.Is it ok for trotting,and what reel/lines would you suggest i use for it.Any replies would be most helpful,as i have an awful lot to catch up on regarding course fishing.

Many thanks,Gary