carp fishing tackle

s_mac

Hi all. i would like to start carp fishing, my money is tight ( isnt every ones ) have a carp rod now with 2.75 test curve. a couple of rod rest with bite alarm.

But reading through alot of your post from the more experience carp fisherman, i feel i am no where near what i should, on the tackle side and extras to serously give this ago.

as i said before, my money is tight as i have spent most of my budget on coarse fishing. due to the hours i work i dont have alot of time to go to tackle shops and buy as i go. how ever i have seen a complete set in argos for £249.00 argos carp set i would be grateful if you could give me an idea about this. is it worth the money and is it a good starter pack.

regards and tights lines to all

s_mac

Edited by s_mac

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. i would like to start carp fishing, my money is tight ( isnt every ones ) have a carp rod now with 2.75 test curve. a couple of rod rest with bite alarm.

But reading through alot of your post from the more experience carp fisherman, i feel i am no where near what i should, on the tackle side and extras to serously give this ago.

as i said before, my money is tight as i have spent most of my budget on coarse fishing. due to the hours i work i dont have alot of time to go to tackle shops and buy as i go. how ever i have seen a complete set in argos for £249.00 argos carp set i would be grateful if you could give me an idea about this. is it worth the money and is it a good starter pack.

s_mac

Hi, I was in a similar situation to yourself. i.e want to start, little money, little spare time. I bought a complete used set up off a guy on e-bay and it is fantastic, with lots of the little extra bits you often read about. It had loads of terminal tackle, method feeders, heli rigs, pva bags etc etc. I think it's much better value than the Argos set up. Having said that I think Argos have come up with the essentials for a decent price. On my first outing yesterday I landed a 12lb Common and a Mirror weighing in at 19lb 9 oz ! Well chuffed.

Hi, I was in a similar situation to yourself. i.e want to start, little money, little spare time. I bought a complete used set up off a guy on e-bay and it is fantastic, with lots of the little extra bits you often read about. It had loads of terminal tackle, method feeders, heli rigs, pva bags etc etc. I think it's much better value than the Argos set up. Having said that I think Argos have come up with the essentials for a decent price. On my first outing yesterday I landed a 12lb Common and a Mirror weighing in at 19lb 9 oz ! Well chuffed.

m8 i was gonna buy the same thing but u gotta think about it like this are u gonna need all that gear? and all the gear u dont need take it away and it could be cheaper :D

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

s_mac

I could not agree more with whats been said, i started out by buying what i needed and adding to it as i went along, i guess i have spent sowewhere in the region of £200-£250 quid on carp gear, that includes 3 rods, 3 baitrunners, a bivvy, chair, bedchair, a big chair and a landing net and extras these are the things that i need.

The argos stuff looks ok but if i was you i would look around as you can get some great deals nowadays.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

s_mac

I would go to your local tackle shop and get your kit from there. They will give you honest advice and pointers which will help in the long run (these guys are fishermen remember). I'm not knocking argos but local tackle shops need our support, where else are you going to get those little bits of kit in the future if everyone continues to buy tackle from the likes of argos and aldi?

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I started with one rod, one reel, one buzzer and then increased as I got more into it and could aford it. There's no rush to get all the gear so just take your time and build up as you need more bits. You will find you end up getting what you need rather than what you think you need and save yourself money in the long run.

Rob.

I started with one rod, one reel, one buzzer and then increased as I got more into it and could aford it. There's no rush to get all the gear so just take your time and build up as you need more bits. You will find you end up getting what you need rather than what you think you need and save yourself money in the long run.

Rob.

HI ROB

i agree with alot of what you have said, i dont get a great deal of time to go to the tackle shop as i work 6 days a week. when i know what bits i need i call my tackle shop who know me very well over the phone lol, i sort out what i need and then send one of my staff along to collect it..

i thought the carp set was a good idea because it would have given me what i needed. but reading your post and alot of the others. maybe i dont need it all.

so lets me put it this way to the thread. i want to carp fish and maybe pike fish in winter. fish nights when i can. and during the summer next year carp fish as well.

as i have never fished carp pike, or nights. can you give me an idea of what i would need to get started.

i look forward to hearing all your comments

regards and 40lbers to all

s_mac

woman want me, fish fear me