Elton and julian at Wingham

Steve Burke

Yeah and i've heard it gets a hell of a lot windier (is that a word??) after Elton and Julian have been on the curried baked beans :blink:
Windier (yup - that is a word) and on occasion, wetter as well.

Steve - will you need to call in a Haz Mat team to render their swims safe after they leave?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - will you need to call in a Haz Mat team to render their swims safe after they leave?

Had to look this one up, but I think Julian's mat in particular would be a hazard after what he caught! Mind you, it would have got well-washed with all the rain!

I didn't get over to Wingham until later than I intended. The insurance company's contractors are repairing a nasty leak we had - then we discovered another one this morning! :(

To cap it all my car broke down at the main gate at Wingham. Result: 1 new gearbox and a mega bucks bill! :(:(

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Christ Steve you're not having much luck are you, I'd ban Elton if i were you cos it sounds like its all his fault ;)

If i'd been there i would have had a look at the motor for you (and quite possibly fixed it) but alas i have to be up here cos i'm on 24hr call out yesterday and today.......amazingly our company seems to have a problem with people going off sick every bank holiday weekend.........i wonder why?

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Christ Steve you're not having much luck are you, I'd ban Elton if i were you cos it sounds like its all his fault ;)

If i'd been there i would have had a look at the motor for you (and quite possibly fixed it) but alas i have to be up here cos i'm on 24hr call out yesterday and today.......amazingly our company seems to have a problem with people going off sick every bank holiday weekend.........i wonder why?

Thanks for that, Alan. Unfortunately, it's almost certainly going to mean an exchange automatic gearbox.

Strangely, August Bank Holiday weekend is probably the quietest summer weekend of the year at Wingham. There was just one angler fishing the entire complex this afternoon and he's packing up in the morning. It seems that most of the members can't get a pass this weekend from 'Er Indoors!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'm the opposite, D has no problems with me going fishing cos she says it "de-stresses" me from my job and no matter what the weather or if i blanked or not i always return with a smile on my face.

I'm a lucky sod :D.....or i would be if i could get the time off work to actually go fishing :(

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

I'm going to wait until Julian has had a chance to go through the photos I just sent him before saying too much (all 745mb of them!), but suffice to say I was a celebrity photographer for the week, 'papping' Julian all day and night! Seemed he spent more time in my swim having photographs taken than in his own! It was fantastic. Julian is someone I have known for years as a mate and admired for a long time as an angler. Anyone who thinks he must have been 'lucky' in any way is kidding themselves. In two trips to Wingham now, he has had fourteen carp out! Trust me, that takes some doing!

If you want to hear his own words on the session, there's a thread on North West Carp here.

Anyway, I was well happy with my fish, which seem somewhat lame compared to Jules' catch!!!

wingham_1804.jpg

18-04 Common

wingham_2108.jpg

21-08 Common

wingham_1900.jpg

19-00 Mirror

Thanks to Steve Burke for providing the perfect fishery. I could live there. It's just the best - simple as.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Great looking carp Elton well done.

:clap2::clap::clap2::clap:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Great stuff Elton by the ever increasing smile on your face it looks like you really enjoyed it!

As for "the perfect fishery. I could live there." I will second that....all though I wouldnt be your next door neighbour as I would be living "just across the road" on the Coarse Lake!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What can I say… My best ever session, topped by my first UK thirties, and yes, that’s plural! – a 30 mirror and a 30 common amongst a whole host of absolute stunners – the stuff dreams are made of!

Sincere thanks to Steve Burke for making it all happen, to be honest, it’s still not sunk in yet!

Final tally for four nights was;

27lb 12oz Mirror

27lb Mirror

26lb Common

33lb 4oz Mirror

30lb 8oz Common

26lb 6oz Mirror

21lb Mirror

14lb Common

Just had a quick look at the pics, some great shots, we have over 400 between us for the week so have just picked out a few of the kippers for now, will do a proper article soon;

Arrived at around 3pm Monday and decided on ‘Middle River’. Had a bit of a social with Elt and finally got my rods in just after 8pm;

middleriv.jpg

First action came at 10am the following morning from my distance rod, a stunning mirror at 27lb 12oz.

27lb12oz_1.jpg

After we spotted a fish boil in the margins during the morning I found a clear spot and dropped some of Mick’s new bait on it at around 2pm – two and a half hours later and off it went – 27lb mirror.

27lb_2.jpg

The following morning at around 6am the same rod produced another; a mint 26lb common.

26com_1.jpg

During the day Elton banked the 18lb 4oz, then, at around 11pm my distance rod produced the big fella, all 33lb 4oz of it!!;

33lb4ozfin.jpg

After a bit of a celebration I baited up again and the same rod produced the big common at 6.30am the following morning!

30lbcomm_3.jpg

30com_1.jpg

10.00am and the same rod produced this stunning 26lb mirror;

26mirr_1.jpg

Elton snuck the 21lb common minutes after and his stunning linear came later in the day. I then had this 21lb mirror at around 8pm.

21mirr.jpg

My final fish came just after 1am on the Friday, a small but stunning common of 14lb which fought well above its weight.

14com.jpg

Big thanks to Elton for all the piccy’s and to Steve for the hospitality, a session I’ll never forget!

Cheers…

Jules

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!