Skatecatcher does the biz

Snatcher

Just got a text from Guy this morning. What an excellent fishing holiday he is having :) I assume Guy does not mind me posting this but here goes word for word

"Hi John had 6 skate at the weekend 123 167 172 174 176 183lbs.Magic weekend had 3 double figure pike so far today,best 15lb more to follow"

I assume he was with Davy Holt on the skate bash - hi davy,any chance of squeezing me in this year. Need my skate cherry popping mate :)

Will update this thread if any more reports come in.

Not jealous in the slightest :schmoll::schmoll::schmoll::schmoll:

Well done that man :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hiya Snatcher,

Yup it was a good weekend for all involved :)

We had 6 skate for a total of 942lb, Spurdog to 5lb 8oz, Pollack to 3lb 8oz, loads of LSD's Mackerel and the biggest Kelpie we have ever seen :)

I think Jabee is going to put up a report as Guy wont be back till next weekend.

And yes we will get your trip sorted ASAP :)

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Get in that long queue :)

Really looking forward to the report and pictures. It was great releasing a big tope back into Luce Bay. I am sure the feeling will be fairly similar watching a large common doing the same :)

Just need a weeks notice Davy. Norrie said the plan will probably be to drive to his and then saddle up with him. Hope to see the old reprobate at the Clash next weekend.

I think he is going for the tope and I am plugging for some rather large "skate baits" :)

Catch ya later Davy and give Linda a hug for me :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

hi john , just back in the house from the pike fishin, it was a brilliant weekend up with davy an linda , the two of them really know how to look after you on the boat , we were really spoilt for grub , and the company were excellent aswell , i,ll not spoil jaabee,s report i,ll let him tell of the laughs we had , well i,m off to get the bivvy dried out for tomorrow , and change over the rods in readyness for thursdays expedition :thumbs::thumbs:

hi john , just back in the house from the pike fishin, it was a brilliant weekend up with davy an linda , the two of them really know how to look after you on the boat , we were really spoilt for grub , and the company were excellent aswell , i,ll not spoil jaabee,s report i,ll let him tell of the laughs we had , well i,m off to get the bivvy dried out for tomorrow , and change over the rods in readyness for thursdays expedition :thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Guy

I am chuffed you had a goodun

Don't be expecting waitress service this coming Sunday. You're going to have to learn to rough it again

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hiya,

here are a few pics from the weekend:

Jabee brought a couple of prezzies up for Linda and myself in the shape of custom built rods for us both and a new reel for me. not wanting to miss a chance I had the reel loaded with braid and set up within about 15 min of receiving it :)

It also turned out to be the most productive rod of the weekend with 3 skate falling to it, below is me hooked into the first, my 167lber... it bends well for a 80lb class :) :)

newrod.JPG

We also had the Sounnd of Mull tea room open, which as usual attracted some riffraff

tearoom.JPG

Guy had some problems moving his fish and just to add to the fun it decided to make a couple of runs round my line:

guy.JPG

Here is Tommy with his fish:

tommy.JPG

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Nice one Davy

See what you mean by the riff raff !!

No pics of HFW's Skate !!

Those pics have got me in the mood again .hint hint

Edited by blindog

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member