How do I burn a DVD?

Hellbelly

OK, got new PC with burner now, so would like to try use it. If I was to download a movie off say.....limewire (it might be in AVI form), what do I do next to be able to burn the bloody thing onto a disk?

Please help...........HB :blink:

rb_getcreative.gif

OK, got new PC with burner now, so would like to try use it. If I was to download a movie off say.....limewire (it might be in AVI form), what do I do next to be able to burn the bloody thing onto a disk?

Please help...........HB :blink:

If the burner is DVD then it should be easy to down load and burn in one hit via the software supplied. Most software subscribe to almost all known and well used formats. Does get a little spicey sometimes between AVI 1 and AVI 2, AVI 1 drops down the audio and video together where as AVI 2 streams it down as two elements.

What software came with your burner?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

More often than not the format of a downloaded film will not go staright to dvd. you will need to translate the format There are plenty of free programs out there to do this. Stick the phrase Divx to dvd or mpeg to dvd in google and see what comes up. Alternatively use nero and it will do everything for you

As b4! NERO is by FAR the easiest programme!! But if you need to copy a DVD then DVD shrink is the one I have found easiest.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Not only is Nero probably the best program, they are something of a rarity in having a brilliant technical support team. When I first bought my computer it had an older version of Nero on it that kept crashing. Their support team answered numerous emails personally and were extremely helpful.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I`d have to disagree with you in saying nero is the best, I`ve sed it and had problems with the dvd skipping and pausing for a second or 2.

I now use TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn dvd`s and the quality is much better without any of the problems that I had with nero.

Thanks all for the help. I think I'll try Nero. i've heard mostly good things about it. I'll give it another crack on the weekend. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers.........HB

rb_getcreative.gif

I`d have to disagree with you in saying nero is the best, I`ve sed it and had problems with the dvd skipping and pausing for a second or 2.

I now use TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn dvd`s and the quality is much better without any of the problems that I had with nero.

BUT!! Then again Si you are (I am sure you will agree?) A TAD more technically minded than your average dunderhead :) (That's me by the way!!) :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Well, we have a breakthru. I've burned (burnt?) my first disk. I got a copy of DVD santa. It did the whole thing for me. Changed it from AVI to ......hmmmm, something else, asked me then if i wanted to burn a copy. Click yes and away it went. Thank again for the help.

Cheers.............HB

rb_getcreative.gif