"Berkley" rod holder

SeaDooDavid

Nice one toerag! I thought that if the thing snaps, why was the drag not set?. I have used it now and it is fine :) Doesn't bounce out in reasonable chop either!. However, a little advanced warning never hurt anybody!, we can ALL learn so thanks guys :):)

SDD

Spasor will confirm this... just as well I have lanyards fitted on the boat

I will also confirm that this happened!! We were too busy with the skate rods. When I looked to check on the doggie rod, it had disapeared over the side. Just as well I listen to Davy. I retrieved the rod with the lanyard. Only to find "Fish On". Only a 4lb spurdog at that!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

WOW, would be worth retreiving the rod / leash for that :):):) Ha Ha, like I say, all feedback is GOOD fedback!. If we can still learn, even at our advancing years (wot must be thirty-ish now..erhem!) then we can only progress!!!

All the best

SDD

p.s. KEEP THE RIGGING PHOTOS COMING need all the ideas I can get LOL :)

Newt, that is exactly the type I have - 6 mounted in the #######. Or 5 now, as one broke when my line snagged as the boat swung, losing me a rod, reel, holder, braid - the lot. A cord would have been a really, really good idea.....

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

SeaDooDavid:

and only plan to use it while moving from spot to spot in calm conditions

I use Newt's type for that as well, you can swing it to hold the rod vertically for travelling or at an angle for fishing. Don't worry about calm - you'd have to roll the boat to shake them out even without the locking colar.In summer I have one rod fishing at 90 deg with macky feathers - keeps a bait supply flowing while I fish for more serious stuff. The motion of the boat moves the feathers sufficiently.

Salar. Newt?

That`s the same bit of kit that let the doggie rod over the side!

I`m sure they keep the rod in place while under pressure. But when a fish decides to jiggle the line, the rod disappears over the side.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

Salar. Newt?

That`s the same bit of kit that let the doggie rod over the side!

I`m sure they keep the rod in place while under pressure. But when a fish decides to jiggle the line, the rod disappears over the side.

You need to turn the collar in front of the reel. There's no way a doggie could jiggle that out :)

I have two distinct styles - one that is good for both fixed spool (has a slot for the reel 'stem') and multiplier and another that is only good for multipliers.

Posted Image

As you can see, when the collar is open the rod is easy to remove to strike a take and when it is closed, the rod is pretty well locked in although you can get it out in very short order.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President