Me thinks some education is called for

*Ant*

I really feel I must point out that I was implying that this Barbara Storey needed educating about her comment -

"We believe it's quite cruel to hurt the fish, to cut the fish and then to put this poor little thing back to the water, dying there somewhere lonely."

Think that was lost during the various replies. ;)

Aye. I'm not so sure that it's such an obscure point of view, though. I think there are might be lots of people who think that way. I've even come across anglers who catch sea fish or trout to eat, who think that what they do is nobler than what we do.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sportsman,

your attitude is exactly the reason this country is in the mess it is, your attitude only engenders these people to do it all the more. They are breaking laws, wether they have a heritage of eating coarse fish or not, THIS IS ENGLAND, we are not in eastern europe, they understand this, they know full well that they are doing wrong, we need to set examples and show a no tolerance attitude.

I really find it hard to understand how your sodding weak lefty attitudes can be justified, please enlighten me, but remember i am basing my opinions of what i have seen...real experiences, i havnt formulated my opinions based on whats PC, or what everyone else says..can you say the same?

Oh yeah the new VW people carrier had lithuanian plates on it, not a uk car so i dare say that it was not a product from all their hard work crop picking in the fields of linclonshire and boosting our economy. I suggest you go to these places, ask people who know the realities of the situation, before you comment!

Edited by zedhead

sportsman,

your attitude is exactly the reason this country is in the mess it is, your attitude only engenders these people to do it all the more. They are breaking laws, wether they have a heritage of eating coarse fish or not, THIS IS ENGLAND, we are not in eastern europe, they understand this, they know full well that they are doing wrong, we need to set examples and show a no tolerance attitude.

I really find it hard to understand how your sodding weak lefty attitudes can be justified, please enlighten me, but remember i am basing my opinions of what i have seen...real experiences, i havnt formulated my opinions based on whats PC, or what everyone else says..can you say the same?

Oh yeah the new VW people carrier had lithuanian plates on it, not a uk car so i dare say that it was not a product from all their hard work crop picking in the fields of linclonshire and boosting our economy. I suggest you go to these places, ask people who know the realities of the situation, before you comment!

So you know the realities of the situation do you, and i should ask you things ? :lol:

You are are talking about invasions :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163: You are talking

about jail sentences and deportation :lol: s

You think that I have formulated my opinions because they are PC or what everyone else says, so why am I the one who is always arguing with everyone ?

As for sodding weak lefty attitudes my personal political persuasion is somewhere to the right of Margaret Thatcher so if you are going to try to be insulting please at least try to be accurate.

I have spent a large part of my working life working in the health service, which relys on immigrants to do the jobs the British don't want. I have yet to see anyone refuse treatment from an immigrant Doctor.

"I hate immigrants and I think that they should all be sent home, apart from the one who is going to cure my kiddies heart disease"

Your hipocracy makes me puke !

If you were offered a job in another country that paid 10 times your present wage you would be off like a shot, just like everyone else, and you would expect to have the "right" to do so, and of course as soon as you arrived you would immediately learn the language and study all of the local bylaws so as not to offend the locals, just like all of the other expat workers. Yeah right :angry:

Interesting to see the other recent post about deliberate Thames pollution. How many fish do you thing that killed compared to fish taken for the pot?

maybe we should deport the shareholders of the water companies

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I see, so because asians make good doctors, and cure peoples ailments, we shouldnt discriminate against any ethnic communtiy that are doing wrong, so we shouldnt condemn eastern europeans eating our fish stocks ilegally etc, instead we can say that these people are only doing waht comes naturally to them, and educating them that this is wrong is the best chance of mitigating the damage they are doing?

Well thankyou for offering an argument that proves how hypocrytical i am, and offers a reasonable solution to the real problem.

Edited by zedhead

so why am I the one who is always arguing with everyone ?

Because you live in cuckoo land !!

According to you you know everything, have seen everything and have been everywhere but from the trash you write, in my opinion, you know nothing and have never been further afield than your front gate post.

Wake up m8 and stop bullsh*ting all the time.

The real joke/tragedy is that our oceans are being systematically hoovered clean of fish, while people get very angry because of trash reports like: "some estimates suggesting ... several are caught fishing for carp for the dinner plate every week" (a fact disputed even by a manager at the water concerned)

Oh - and what was the nationality of that geezer caught illegally taking a tank of livebaits to Ireland a while back?? The notorious Lithuanian pike angler Lithi Pikerus ?? hmmmm...

Get real folks. Get a sense of perspective.

And if you want to be xenophobic, just come right out with it. Be real adults. Stop hiding behind pathetic rationalisations for your xenophobia.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I have spent a large part of my working life working in the health service, which relys on immigrants to do the jobs the British don't want. I have yet to see anyone refuse treatment from an immigrant Doctor.

"I hate immigrants and I think that they should all be sent home, apart from the one who is going to cure my kiddies heart disease"

Your hipocracy makes me puke !

Amen, and go get 'em (though, you can't. Ever. It's called mindless prejudice)

Hey Tigger,Zedhead etc - next time you get on a bus driven by a Polish immigrant, just get off and walk OK?

Show some consistency in your beliefs.

Oh, and let's backtrack and lose the Battle of Britain while we're at it. Those Polish, Canadian and US volunteer pilots should have been shown the friggin' door. Damn immigrants, coming over here and flying our planes for cr#p wages :angry:

Not to mention ... <knocking but there's nobody home emoticon>

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Amen, and go get 'em (though, you can't. Ever. It's called mindless prejudice)

Hey Tigger,Zedhead etc - next time you get on a bus driven by a Polish immigrant, just get off and walk OK?

Show some consistency in your beliefs.

Oh, and let's backtrack and lose the Battle of Britain while we're at it. Those Polish, Canadian and US volunteer pilots should have been shown the friggin' door. Damn immigrants, coming over here and flying our planes for cr#p wages :angry:

Not to mention ... <knocking but there's nobody home emoticon>

Same as Sportsman, just the same old nonsense.

I really feel I must point out that I was implying that this Barbara Storey needed educating about her comment -

"We believe it's quite cruel to hurt the fish, to cut the fish and then to put this poor little thing back to the water, dying there somewhere lonely."

Think that was lost during the various replies. ;)

You mean you guys don't do that? Why when we catch and release over here, we squeeeeeeze the fish as hard as we can, and then we take a big bowie knife and put a couple of gouges in it, and to make sure it can't rejoin its school, we roll it in gasoline - then we release it. Why it's the American way, gosh darn it! ;)

Dave D

(Just adding this postscript given the tenor of some of the prior posts and Newt's timely intervention - this particular note is meant to be funny sarcasm, not insulting sarcasm. While all have our opinions on the subject of migrant fishing, hopefully something constructive/effective can come of it. In the mean time if you're feeling a little upset, why not do what we all do? Go fish! My 2 pence.)

Edited by D Dawis

To those who have moved into personal attacks and insults - please back off. This is a decent thread for the most part but it is also very close to being locked.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President