Pope upsets Muslims

*Ant*

Nowhere else in the UK would you get away with burning the Pope in effigy...

How about Ibrox? You would probably get away with burning him in person there!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way I understand it, is that Islam is a faith that's about 600 years younger than Christianity. Christians did some unpleasant things 600 years ago in the name of their faith, you could argue that Islam as a faith has now reached the same stage in its development. :rolleyes:

The way I understand it, is that Islam is a faith that's about 600 years younger than Christianity. Christians did some unpleasant things 600 years ago in the name of their faith, you could argue that Islam as a faith has now reached the same stage in its development. :rolleyes:

I'm not that mad on Christians either. The last time I was in church they tried to drown me ;). The Romans had the best ideas on how to treat them (lion fodder)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Guest long-trotter

It's all a case of my imaginary friend is bigger than yours. :rolleyes:

I have seen the best and worst of most faiths, I admire and have a lot of time for people who put their money where their mouth is and go off in to the vast unknown and rough it with the locals, digging wells,building schools, tending to the sick etc. Also, the young and not so young women and men of the Sally Anne and other organisations Muslim included, who hand soup and blankets out to the homeless until the small hour. Now thats the sort of religion I admire :)

I'm not that mad on Christians either. The last time I was in church they tried to drown me ;). The Romans had the best ideas on how to treat them (lion fodder)

And the Romans would have left them alone had they acknowledged the emperor as a god, along with their own. The Roman Empire (before it became Christianised) was renowned for its liberal approach to religion - Worship who you like, so long as you worship the emperor too.

Stubborn lot, those Christians...

It's all a case of my imaginary friend is bigger than yours. :rolleyes:

I have seen the best and worst of most faiths, I admire and have a lot of time for people who put their money where their mouth is and go off in to the vast unknown and rough it with the locals, digging wells,building schools, tending to the sick etc. Also, the young and not so young women and men of the Sally Anne and other organisations Muslim included, who hand soup and blankets out to the homeless until the small hour. Now thats the sort of religion I admire :)

Me too!