Manufacturing problems with Prowler Elite 4.5

sandgrownen

RayJ

If you have any probs with Iron stores let all us Jersey beans now as we can all put pressure on him. He's sold so many its unreal. So he must have respect. Would be good to get reports and returns policy from Ocean. Especially as some have allready been accepted back in UK and Aus this has set a principal and goal mark which should be accepted by all parties involved in sale and distribution.

quite agree i was lucky with my prowler 13 it was a new batch from NZ seems fine , none of the problems they had at one time .seems any new model needs watching .i think prowler has one of the 4.5s ,have you had any problems with yours so far .

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite agree i was lucky with my prowler 13 it was a new batch from NZ seems fine , none of the problems they had at one time .seems any new model needs watching .i think prowler has one of the 4.5s ,have you had any problems with yours so far .

Ive had a good look over the yak and the only problem mine has is the forward cup holder, as has been said...there seems to be a very thin/weak spot in it.I will speak to the I.S. at the weekend and see what they say.

I havent even taken her out yet 8/

It occurs to me that the cupholder area of the elites arent going to get much wear and tear anyway so it may not cause much of a problem.

That may be so, but the rest of the cupholder is solid except for an area of about 2 inches square, this bit I can virtually put my finger through it.Now, if you put something in that holder, not neccessarily a cup, maybe a knife, hooks, a plug then there is a possibility of tearing it........thats my concern

That may be so, but the rest of the cupholder is solid except for an area of about 2 inches square, this bit I can virtually put my finger through it.Now, if you put something in that holder, not neccessarily a cup, maybe a knife, hooks, a plug then there is a possibility of tearing it........thats my concern

Good point. if your worried as you obviously appear to be then it is best you contact your dealer and then if you have no luck with them johnson outdoors, I myself have a prowler elite in mango flame and have had 6 Oz leads, a waterproof camera and various plugs and hooks lurking in the cupholder at times and it shows no signs of wear and tear as yet. In respect to the comments about the strength of coke bottles has anyone actually tried to push their finger or any other body part through the side of an empty coke bottle? if you do try you'll be surprised how much force it actually take to pierce it, stab it with a knife is one thing but try and force a finger through it and your more likely to break your finger than the bottle remember people make bottle rockets from these things and they withstand pressures of over 80psi. this however doesnt mean that your kayak can be used as a giant bottle rocket although in saying that it may save energy on paddling :)

. this however doesnt mean that your kayak can be used as a giant bottle rocket although in saying that it may save energy on paddling :)

it certainly feels like a bottle rocket when trying to land in big surf :)

The actual thickness may not relate to the strenght of that area in terms of the boats structure. A quick solution in the mean time would be to line the cup holder with an old camping mug or the such like, being plastic you could potentially hole any part of the boat with a wrongly whealded knife, a yanked line and hook so a small amout of care is required. after all the Apollo moon lander had a skin thickness of approx 2 sheets of baking foil.

Well i'm glad I held off on ordering my 4.5 for now, i'm sure they will rectify their molding process to suit.

I'm sure mr Kett would do his best to honour any problems with the kayaks purchased from Iron Stores Marine, as for the owner that could be a different matter.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Well i'm glad I held off on ordering my 4.5 for now, i'm sure they will rectify their molding process to suit.

I'm sure mr Kett would do his best to honour any problems with the kayaks purchased from Iron Stores Marine, as for the owner that could be a different matter.

know what you mean lol.

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ