What your angling weakness ?

chavender

Like a few others have said, my greatest weakness is not concentrating on the fishing. The number of times I've glanced up while chopping up some loose feed, or from watching a kingfisher zoom past, and seen the quiver tip springing back from a nice big bite. Sometimes I think the fish are watching me, waiting til I'm not paying attention, and then they go for it!

Then annoyed with myself I'll recast and send it straight into the tree on the opposite bank.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many to mention if I'm honest and only had 18 months in the sport ! But still don't walk around a venue when I get there as I am too keen to get my rig set up.

Ali

My Weaknesses are many! Here's the top ten!

1. Casting - 9 times out of ten fine, but if I get flustered or annoyed then I can cast 5 absolute shockers in a row!

2. Being scared of pike's teeth - no matter how many times I was told where to safely hold the fish to open its mouth, I was worried about my fingers getting mauled. This has been cured by the psychological crutch that is a glove!

3. Not having a car.

4. Forgetting things!

5. Using up my brownie points in the pub.

6. Impatience - getting fed up and wondering why I bother if I don't catch when I feel I should have!

7. Banging on about it - when I have caught a great fish, that days angling becomes all I want to talk about that night!

8. Not taking my son (or me) fishing enough. Been playing too much cricket. Gonna fix that and catch Jack his first pike this winter.

9. Laziness and disorganisation. I will tidy my tackle up, rather than after a session, the day before the next trip. Not a lot of storage space in the house so my feeder, float, carp and pike kit are all in the same place and it's a mare to find anything.

10. Not being able to pack up (especially if I have been catching). I then get in trouble with my wife for getting back late and (if he's with me) Jack being late to bed! (Sod it - he'll be late to bed, but late to bed smiling!)

Apart from that I am perfect!

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear