Perch Lures

Squiffy

Hi Guys,

I have been having great sucess recently with rubber lures for Perch.

Do any other ppl on here lure fish for them?....And if so, which are your favourites?

It is a new branch of the sport for me, but I got into it as my Carp Syndicate has a good head of unfished for specimens.

Any advice greatfully recieved

Edited by Squiffy

I've been doing well with the Rublex Ondex, usually size 2 or 3. Small green rubber grubs have been good too.

Best one I found is a small shad rap made by rapala, in green , trouble is pike love it as well !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

My all time favourite perch spoon is the ABU Atom in the large (40gm?) size.Caught all of my lure caught 3+ fish on these. Had a big 2 on a silver "Quickfish" plug and plenty of smaller fish on rubber worms.I like the Mr Twister Twin Split Tails.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

My all time favourite perch spoon is the ABU Atom ...

I would add the ABU Droppen and MEPPS spinners.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I do best on my own spinners, since I rarely buy them these days.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

For something about choosing lures see my post in this topic: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...mp;#entry674472

I've caught perch on quite a few soft plastics, but unlike other types of lures haven't any firm favourites. One of the most important factors though seems to be the sinking speed of the lure. In moderate depths I've done best on slow sinkers, especially in winter when a slow retrieve is usually needed.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net